Software Developer Trainee
Your Role at Ericsson
We're looking for students who want to become software engineering superstars’ for a trainee position. If you have fresh ideas and strong skills in high-end technology areas, such as cloud computing, real-time, large-scale distributed systems, networking and data storage, security, machine learning or/and data stream processing this position might suit you well. With your technical expertise you will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions that power future networks. You’re confident about your technical skills and you are ready to tackle challenges working together with your agile team on virtualized network functions and cloud technologies.
We offer full-time or part-time employment depending on your needs.
- About to graduate or just graduated MSc/BSc in Computer Science, Communication Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C, C++, Java, Python
- Experience or interest in networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable with modern software development tools
Seen as advantage:
- Knowledge of IP networks
- Experience in network programming and/or developing/designing large software systems
- Experience with open source projects
- Knowledge about Big data and analytics
- Experience with cloud and application platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems.
- Linux Kernel Programming
- One or more of the following terms sound extremely familiar: OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
We offer You
- Possibility to build your career, learn and develop together with others in a truly international company
- Possibility to shape the future and build the Networked Society
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym, tennis & football field and own cafeteria just to mention a few.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI), Jorvas, Kirkkonummi
Req ID: 221402
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1088641
- Työsuhde: Harjoittelu
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Kirkkonummi