ABB Ability™, ABB’s unique edge-cloud automation platform, helps our customers to harness the power of the Industrial Internet of Things. It accelerates the agile creation of innovative software applications and services in cooperation with customers, turning data insights into direct action, and generating customer value in the physical world. We are now recruiting the most talented people in the industry to join our pioneering platform engineering team in Helsinki. Join to work at the cutting edge of technology, creating the industrial software systems of the future.
Knowing history is essential when you want to change the future. Storing and processing time series data is a key feature in the rapidly growing area of Industrial Internet of Things. A good time series database scales from low-footprint and low-cost device to large-scale enterprise level database, aggregating data from thousands of connected devices and smaller sub-systems.
Here are some areas our team and you as part of it would be working on next year:
• Containers: Our software is highly portable supporting both Windows and Linux, and we will continue the productization with Linux based containers.
• Very large-scale systems: Storing hundreds of millions of signals to one logical time series database is a challenge, especially when costs should also be kept in mind. Enterprise level time series databases are running either in cloud or on-premises, depending on the customer needs.
• Analytics tools: It’s not only time series data and a trend functionality, but the value you can create with the data. By using analytics tools, you can raise the level of information usability to make concreate actions and decisions enabling our customers to achieve higher productivity.
• Information modelling: Describing the semantics of the time series data is essential when improving its usability and enabling model-based analytics and applications. In the area of information modelling we need creative and skilled C# programmers to help us in creating new features and functionalities enabling more powerful visualization and application support functionalities.
How are we different from many other teams?
• We have over three decades heritage of developing time series databases with respected customers around the world. It is something any software team would be proud of. Such a long-term success does not come by chance, it is the result of hard work done together with highly skilled professionals.
• When you want to be one of the best and a leader in the time series technology, it means you have to do it yourself. We work hard but have fun while doing it, nothing is more rewarding than seeing the high quality of our work at the end.
• Our whole development team is located in Helsinki, though integrated with the global ABB AbilityTM organization.
• Our technology lifecycle is long. Industrial customers expect a long lifetime for devices and also for software-based systems. This increases the role of good architecture design including stable and extendable interfaces, and overall good software quality.
If you are interested in joining our team and have the skills and enthusiasm to develop great software using either C++ or C#, you are a candidate we would like to meet. We hope new team members to be persons who don’t take too much for granted, but have an open mind and the ability to create new. Academic studies in area of Computer Science or similar are a bonus.
Interested in joining the crew? The position will be filled when we find a suitable candidate so apply as soon as possible with the job ID FI66970334 at www.abb.fi/uralle. If you have questions, contact Mika Luotojärvi, tel. +358 50 332 5230.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com