Software Developer, Digital Platform
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Are you interested in working in the core of Lifting Businesses and digitalization? Konecranes’ vision is to know in real time how millions of lifting devices and machine tools perform and use this knowledge around the clock to make our customers’ operations safer and more productive.
We at Konecranes Technologies organization are responsible for common core lifting components and concepts used in product designs, digital solutions that make our products smarter, and IT services that we use to run our harmonized and integrated business processes. The expertise of our people is wide; from IPR and Innovation Management, through Research, Design, Analytics and AI, all the way to IT Service Management.
Digital Platform Development team is responsible for the development and delivery of Konecranes Industrial Internet Platform. Konecranes Industrial Internet connects, gathers, analyses and presents data from Konecranes build equipment and from the global field service IT system. Industrial Internet services provide insight and transparency for our customers as well as information that can be utilized in crane design and preventive maintenance.
As Software engineer you will work in cross organizational feature team which develops new Konecranes digital service with Lean, Agile, DevOPS mindset by transforming customer requirements to digital services by utilizing platform and cloud services. You will participate in all stages in development process from service concepting to MVP and POC development and operations. You’ll work with and participate on development of highly automated DevOPS environment. You will work in multiproject, multicultural environment in global company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Software design and implementation of new digital services for Konecranes
- Unit testing and building automated testcases
- Development of technical specifications and plans
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges and can be utilized as components in Konecranes digital platform
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
The Software engineer reports to Timo Harjunen, Director, Industrial Internet, Digital Platform Development, Konecranes Technology.
What we expect from you?
In order to succeed in this position, you are expected to have:
- Suitable education, bachelor or master’s degree level preferable on software development
- Experience in software development in modern DevOPS environment, on cloud environment and with native cloud services (AWS)
- Experience on Serverless development in AWS
- Experience on API development
- IoT, AWS IoT and AWS Greengrass
- Experience on some of the programming technologies listed: Node.js, Java, Angular, React, React Native and Python
- Experience on DevOPS process and development environments
- Lean customer centric mindset
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency
- Willingness to learn
What we offer you?
- a position in good spirit cross organizational agile team
- a unique opportunity to participate on transformation program that we hope will change the lifting industry through the power of software
- a possibility to work with Industrial Internet and digitalization initiatives at world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports, and terminals.
For further information, please contact:
Director, Digital Platform Development
Phone +358 40 6204820
Please apply via this link. The position is filled when the suitable candidate is found.