Software Developer (C++), Furuno Finland Oy
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 5.11.2019
We are now searching for a Software Developer (C++) for our global and continuously growing client, Furuno Finland Oy. A subsidiary owned by Japanese Furuno Electric Co, Ltd, is the largest marine electronics supplier and importer in Finland. You now have an excellent opportunity to work in a skilled IT-team and become an expert in the maritime industry. If you have relevant studying background in software development, knowledge in C++ and willing to work in a truly global corporation, this might be the job for you!
ABOUT THE ROLEIn this position you will be part of the company`s professional product development IT-team in Espoo. Your team is responsible of developing and designing software that is used in the area of marine electronics, for example navigation, graphics and data processing, You will get the chance to work with versatile tasks and projects and we hope that you already have gathered some experience with the backend development (C++ and Python) and you are eager to learn more about it.
You are offered
* Great opportunity to develop your skills in a global company
* Meaningful and versatile job duties
* Unique chance to learn and work in the marine industry
* Chance to receive mentoring from experts in the field
As consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
* Software development (C++) in different kind of projects in marine industry field
* Planning and quality assurance
* Documentation and being part of the product development team
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Skills in C++ and knowledge of Linux (skills in Python are also seen as an advantage)
* Relevant educational background in software development/engineering (preferably university background)
* Some previous experience in software development from work or your own projects
* Fluent skills in English
* Analytical mindset
The skills in Finnish and knowledge of other programming languages are seen as an advantage.
As a person you are:
* Cooperative and communicative
* Solutions-oriented and eager to learn new skills
* Take initiative
* Start: In the beginning of January 2020 or according to agreement
* Work extent: Temporary, 12 months, 37,5h/week (There is a strong chance to continue in this role after 12 months)
* Location: Niittyrinne 7, 02270, Espoo
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Furuno Finland Oy that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.