We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Software Design Manager at ABB Oy, Solar unit in Helsinki. You will be taking on daily management duties of a design team that is responsible for embedded software and grid connection simulation models for solar inverters. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with and develop advanced technologies and renewable energy solutions.
• Daily management of your team
• Competence and capacity development of the team to match the needs of current and upcoming R&D projects
• Acting as the owner of your own design area’s tools and processes
• Improving the quality, performance and lead times of new products
• Taking on other roles in the Lean product development depending on your background and competencies.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company with a strong market share in the solar inverter business.
• M.Sc. or an equal degree in software, automation, power electronics or another relevant field
• A few years’ experience in project or R&D management
• Experience of software development in some role
• The right people skills needed when working with an agile self-managed team and expert professionals
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of solar energy systems, grid connection simulations and power or control electronics
• Experience in Lean or agile SW development or Lean R&D in general
• Good written and spoken communication skills in Finnish.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64374127 by August 9, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jarkko Hyttinen, tel. +358 50 332 9204.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com