CPM stands for Collaborative Production Management. CPM solutions by ABB integrate all production systems into one integrated system – one that allows you to monitor, execute, track, report and optimize your production processes in real-time. This solution can have a huge impact on the profitability of customer processes by providing real-time insight into the manufacturing process and efficient solutions for maximizing overall mill performance. CPM solutions are based on over three decades of experience in supplying information technology to several industry areas. The related solutions are configurable, designed for continuous operation and include functionality which fits even the most complex production process.
We are looking for an experienced Software Design Engineer to join our team at ABB Oy, Collaborative Production Management unit in Helsinki, Varkaus or Kuopio. You will be working in the CPM projects and after sales activities, focusing on
- Participating in CPM projects as a team member
- System installations (Real Time Databases, SQL)
- Interfaces specification and design in co-operation with the customer
- Interfaces software implementation and configuration between the CPM and other systems (Distributed Control Systems, Process Information Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers as well as other devices)
- Interface testing, commissioning and troubleshooting at customer sites
- Training and documentation
- Continuous customer support after the project implementation
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in IT or an equivalent degree
• A few years’ experience in IT projects
• Skills in the following areas:
o SQL databases installation and interface implementation
o Windows, Linux and VMware
o C, C++, C# Programming
o Microsoft Office tools
o Legacy link understanding
o OPC UA, DA and other industrial interfacing standards
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
• Open-minded, team-playing attitude
• Readiness to travel
• Ability to quickly learn new development and working environments as well as IT tools used in CPM
• Ability to write clear documentation
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have also
• Other language skills (Finnish, Swedish, German)
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65326310 by August 15th, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Seppo Lahtinen (tel. +358 50 332 5258) or Matti Värtinen (tel. +358 50 332 4712). Available between August 6th and 10th.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com