We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Software Design Engineer in test at ABB Oy in Helsinki. You will be a member of the ABB Ability Platform Edge team, a highly competent international software development team that utilizes latest software technologies and is at the core of one of the leading industrial IoT platforms in the world.
• Testing of Linux based docker containers together with Azure components
• Working in close cooperation with the development team to ensure the continuation of high quality deliveries
• Working with visual studio team services to ensure our test results are visible to stakeholders
• Collaborating with other teams to troubleshoot issues together
• Writing test automation with C# and .net core
• Maintaining and improvement of integration test environment
• Helping other teams to build their Industrial IoT components on top of our deliveries
• Inspiring, cross-functional and international working environment
• Transparent, low hierarchy and networked organization
• The opportunity for personal and professional development
• The opportunity to develop sustainable software for industrial use that can save the world
• University degree in computer science, software production, programming, or similar
• A few years’ experience in writing automated integration tests in C#
• Experience in docker on Linux and Windows
• Experience in C#
• Experience in designing, developing and implementing test automation solutions (.NET Core, C#, XUnit)
Ideally, you have
• Experience with VSTS (Visual Studio Team Services) and VSTS Test manager
• Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS services like IoT Hub, Azure Functions, Azure App Service, Azure Cosmos DB
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64978948 by May 30th, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Xiaomei Zheng, tel. +358 50 332 5577.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com