Social Media Specialist
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are looking for a creative and experienced social media expert for Social Media Specialist to join our Communications & Brand team. The position is located in Helsinki, Finland.
Greetings from your future manager
“Welcome to our team of experienced and committed communications & brand professionals! Our mission is to strengthen and communicate UPM’s Biofore vision in a way that engages and inspires our stakeholders around the world. Working with colleagues across UPM, you will have a broad view on how we lead the forest-based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future beyond fossils." – Hanna Maula
What you’ll do
You are responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring UPM’s social media strategy and digital presence to increase brand awareness and engagement. In addition, you add value by participating in various communications projects and tasks.
- Develop, implement and manage UPM’s social media strategy and define social media KPIs
- Ideate, produce, publish, and develop appealing and relevant content for digital channels
- Co-create with colleagues in corporate teams and business areas
- Plan and manage targeted campaigns in corporate social media channels
- Collaborate with businesses to strengthen UPM’s brand in social media, coach UPMers across the organisation and share best practices
- Monitor and measure actively to optimise content and strengthen data-driven communications development
- Various corporate communications projects and tasks together with colleagues
Who you are
- You have a university degree in communications, marketing or other relevant field and several years of experience in communications
- You have proven track record in managing and developing corporate social media activities successfully
- You are up-to-date on the latest social media trends and best practices
- You are a self-starting, audience-centric storyteller with strong communications and networking skills
- You are a good writer and fluent in spoken and written Finnish and English
- You have a holistic approach, but also an eye for detail, both visually and textually
- You can produce audio-visual content for social media, from planning to publishing
- You are self-managed, creative and agile
- As a great team player, you work efficiently with internal and external partners
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: As a member of group communications team, you will get wide perspective and an excellent overview of UPM as well as opportunities for learning and giving your input to UPM’s transformation. In this role you will create value through strategic stakeholder and business understanding and impactful professional planning and execution. You will have an important role in developing an Aiming higher culture in UPM.
- Personal development: With us you can build up your expertise. As a global company with 19,000 employees, we provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We use renewable raw materials to create responsible solutions to build a sustainable, innovation-driven future beyond fossils.
For further information, please contact Hanna Maula, Vice President, Communications & Brand by phone on December 17, 2019 at 1-3pm (+358 40 549 2001) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter latest December 31, 2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358 20 414 6600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.