Do you want to experience new challenges and innovate the future of engineered solutions? We are looking for talent to accelerate their career with Trelleborg and start shaping industry from the inside. This role could be for you!
We are currently seeking an experienced Site Service Engineer / Electro-technical Officer to join Trelleborgs growing global Aftersales team.
In this role you will provide, coordinate and project manage as required the installation, testing, commissioning, and support primarily for current & upcoming Trelleborg Automated Mooring projects in the Åland Islands, Scandinavia and the Baltics.
If you enjoy working on exciting new products, going places and meeting new people, this role is for you!
Your duties will include:
• Inspection, commissioning, maintenance and repair work on docking & mooring equipment sites throughout the region or as required
• Coordination and supervision of subcontract labour required to complete site activities as above
• Work closely with the product development and engineering teams on operations testing or improvements as needed
• Provide client training on day-to-day operation, troubleshooting and routine maintenance
• Provide technical support to clients including both troubleshooting and process improvement, e.g. obsolesce planning, equipment operations, etc
• Proactively develop the market for Aftersales Services in the region together with the Sales team
• Understand client operational requirements and prepare appropriate proposals for upgrades, services and spare parts
• Attend training worldwide as needed to stay current on Trelleborg systems, and to build knowledge on new systems as they are deployed
• Manage and maintain local tooling as required
The successful candidate will be interacting with internal and external stakeholders including:
• Product Development Team
• Project Engineering / Project Management
• Europe Sales Director
• Sales / Aftersales teams
• Authorities & Governing bodies
Work Authorization & Other Requirements:
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in Scandinavia & the Baltics region.
The role will involve extensive travel primarily throughout Scandinavia, but supporting other regions globally as required. Indicative on-site 150+ days per year.
Must hold a current passport without travel restrictions
Immunization records must be up to date
Must hold or be eligible to obtain any necessary security clearances
Must be able to pass an appropriate medical
We expect from you
Relevant trade or engineering qualifications, e.g. Electro-technical officer, Instrumentation tech, Elec. Eng., etc
Extensive electrical, industrial control (e.g. PLC, SCADA, etc), instrumentation (e.g. MODBUS, TCPIP, etc) and windows software experience including commissioning / maintenance
High level of experience in hands on fault finding
Basic field mechanical skills
Experience dealing with client on-site and/or in an operational context
Skilled in report writing
Approximately 5 - 10 years’ experience in the above
Previous experience marine industry esp. ferries or time at sea well regarded
Understanding of the principles of hazardous area compliance also well regarded
We offer you
This is a rare opportunity to work within a dynamic company. Trelleborg is an equal opportunity employer. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information on us and our products please visit https://www.trelleborg.com/en/marine-and-infrastructure
Start: As soon as possible
Work extent: Full-time, indefinite contract, staffing
Location: Åland, Finland
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English as soon as possible. Notice that we are unable to accept applications via email.
Rekrytointikonsultti, Toimisto, ICT, Call Center
StaffPoint Oy || Ruoholahdenkatu 14 || 00180 HELSINKI
045 788 169 95 || vaihde 030 047 2000
firstname.lastname@example.org || www.staffpoint.fi