Shipping Engineer, Valmet Technologies Järvenpää
Valmet Technologies Oy
We are looking for our customer a Shipping Engineer to join their PAP Finland Logistics team for one year's period.
Shipping Engineer's main duty is to plan and coordinate project shipments from various origins to Valmet's end customers globally.
Shipping Engineer's main duties and responsibilities include:
- Working out developed ways of packing and loading of the products in co-operation with engineering
- Issuing and updating Shipping Plans for named delivery projects according to project schedules and project requirements
- Participating in project shipping RFQ:s and negotiations
- Operational shipping duties including transport bookings and shipping documentation
- Interfacing with forwarding companies, carriers, global Valmet locations and suppliers of goods for shipping scheduling and loading planning to secure the material flow of the project to mill sites / end customers.
- Operational progress reporting (e.g. shipment statuses, costs estimations)
To be successful in this position, you need to have:
- Degree in Technical or Logistics studies; earlier work experience preferred
- Stress tolerance when working under pressure
- Problem solving capability
- Understanding of customer needs and their business requirements, both internal and external
- Good communication, co-operation and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of shipping and different modes of transportation
- Good loading planning skills (trailers, containers, oversized cargo)
- Basic knowledge in commercial and trade terms
- Fluent in Finnish and English, both spoken and in writing, other languages in benefit
- Ability to travel in Finland and abroad
In Valmet, you work with professional, global and developing logistics network with lots of learning opportunities. In this position you perform core shipping processes and specific development projects as well as get familiar with our global business environment.
Additional information about this position can be obtained from Anita Fokin, Senior HR Consultant, Adecco Finland, tel. +358 40 632 6465, email: firstname.lastname@example.org