Are you interested and experienced in electricity, mechanics, or hydraulics? Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity in a global company and would like to be a part of a green energy transition? As a Service Technician at Vestas, you can have an exciting job and develop your career in a constantly growing organization with the latest technology.
Sales > SBU NCE > Finland South West
You will be part of Vestas Northern and Central Europe which is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, Finland, Celtic, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and the south part of Africa. We are responsible for the sales function, project, installation and service of wind farms throughout these regions. Our Finnish headquarter is in Vaasa and we have warehouses in several locations across Finland.
The Service Department is responsible for the service and maintenance of the wind farms within Scandinavia. Vestas Northern and Central Europe strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, not only in modern energy but also in employee and customer satisfaction. Right now, we are looking for a Service Technician to join our team, doing service and maintenance of the wind farms near Tjöck. In this role, you get to work in an exciting industry in a team of highly engaged employees.
As a Service Technician, you hold an important role as the frontline of our service agreements and taking care of the customers’ turbines. The position requires accuracy and professionalism as the quality and personal safety of our service work is highly considered. To succeed in this role, we believe you possess good knowledge of electricity and mechanics as well as being service-minded. Your responsibilities will be:
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Service and maintenance according to the agreement, as well as carrying out a diversity of check-ups, repairs and replacement activities of turbine components
- Friction-less operation of our turbines and use of our systems like condition monitoring and remote control
- Contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- Responsibility for the service vehicle, warehouse and order of material, tools and spare parts
- Daily reporting in SAP
On the professional level, we believe you have:
- Experience or a degree within electricity, mechanics or hydraulics, and is still eager to develop your skills within these areas
- Fluency in Finnish and good knowledge of English is required
- Computer knowledge, as the tasks include regular reporting and communication through various systems
- Driving license
On the personality level we believe you have/are:
- Motivated by teamwork, communication with other parts of the organization as well as being service-minded
- Structured and independent
- Flexible, as unplanned overtime can occur
- Open to travel
- Good physical condition and can handle heavy lifts and work on heights
- High level of safety awareness
What we offer
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Apart from an attractive salary and benefits, such as gym vouchers and quick access to specialized health care, we invest in your development. After a thorough introduction course, we offer continuous development of your skills with our well-established education program. You get to work in a diverse team with motivated service technicians in a stimulating environment of an established fast-growing international company, where good communication and structure is the key to good results. As Vestas promotes equality, we welcome both male and female applicants
This role has its starting point at our warehouse in Tjöck.
Travel is to be expected, particularly during the initial training period but also to other sites in the region.
A requirement for this position is passing an extensive health check that will be carried out during the recruitment process.
For additional information on the position, please contact recruiter Piotr Grudziel in Gdańsk, Poland at +48 604 054 916.