We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a talented Service R&D Program Manager at ABB Oy, Drives Service unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for program management in global digital service product development. Products contain cloud and artificial intelligence technologies. The project portfolio in the program has dependencies on digital platform development as well as our product units that are responsible for frequency converter products. The projects are executed in a multi-site and cross-functional environment.
• Planning and managing the global service product development program – from kick-off to first customer deliveries
• Running a release-based program and synchronizing it with traditional gate-model projects and programs.
• Ensuring that releases are delivered on time to the highest quality and utilizing customer pilots to achieve a superior user experience
• Contributing to the technical and product management content of the projects
• Ensuring good internal communication and transparency with the appropriate stakeholders
• Risk management and coordination of mitigation activities
• Actively developing project and program management activities
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development in program management and service product development
• Possibilities to further your career in a global company
• The opportunity to participate in developing advanced digital services and service operations as part of ABB's digital transformation
• The support of a professional and skilled ABB colleague network
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field of engineering
• A few years’ experience in managing demanding service product development projects/programs including software content
• A good toolbox of project and program management skills, methods and practices, such as work breakdown analysis, lean product development, visual management and set-based design
• Experience of SAFe or other agile release-based program management
• Ability to develop project and program management practices
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Good knowledge of frequency converter technology or similar power electronics products
• Experience of the digitalized service offering
• Service design experience
• Developed SaaS or PaaS offering
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66738237 by October 21, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Ville Särkimäki, tel. +358 50 332 5762, best available on Mondays between 9–10 a.m., or Jani Kangas, tel. +358 50 3323 557.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com