Service Product Support Specialist
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
Service Product Support Specialist
How will you make an impact?
As a Service product support specialist, you will have a change to work closely with development, engineering and product management groups to ensure all service personnel has proper and current technical documentation for all serviceable products, as well as, ensuring that appropriate tools and information are available for the entire service organization.
As a forward thinking specialist, you will provide expertise and documentation to ensure the serviceability of past, present and future products through design reviews, service planning, specifications of service parts kits and you will be responsible for ensuring that spare parts are correctly set up for sale, including price recommendations and stocking level in conjunction with service parts planner.
What will you do?
- Assure responsive telephone and email support and diagnostic. Is fully responsible for all Service Escalations for the related Product line(s).
- Provides service input to the quality, engineering and manufacturing organizations to ensure serviceability, reliability and quality. Specifies necessary service parts, supports training programs, creates service plan (including launch packets) and provides technical input for publications, assuming a lead role in defining the content of service manuals.
- Keeps all service personnel informed of service issues in a timely manner, through technical bulletins, email, and technical web content management.
- Works closely with engineering and product management to create and maintain service manuals and miscellaneous service instructions/job aids for current and serviceable past product.
- Monitors and ascertains training needs of service personnel (direct and distribution). Designs and conducts service trainings as needed.
- Provides service spare parts pricing and planning with new/obsolescence and/or changes in part numbers, as well as, alerts planner of temporary increases in consumption of parts to avoid overstocking.
- Specifies, procures and/or develops field service tools, processes, test equipment and special programs such as validations, certification, etc. to build the service business.
- When necessary supports and participates to Vantaa depot service activities.
How will you get here?
We are looking for person who is organized and self-motivated and can manage a variety of programs, set priorities and meet business obligations with regard to both internal and external customers.
- Must have strong electrical or mechanical background for troubleshooting/repair, design evaluation and problem-solving abilities.
- Customer orientation – the position requires frequent contact with internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, working across all levels, functions and regions.
- Must be business good in English language both spoken and written. Finnish language skills are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, preferably in electronics, engineering, or scientific field.
- A few years work experience in technical support, service support or field service is preferred
- Relevant product experience either from service, engineering or manufacturing is preferred
- Experience in creating and conducting class room trainings and e-learning programs is preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office tools. Adobe Framemaker skills are a plus.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally approximately of 10%.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ by 12th of January 2020. Reference: 108631BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Service Product Support Leader Pertti Manner, tel. +358 50-4860605.