Service Manager Nordics
Service Manager Nordics
We are a fast growing and innovative company with a mission to lead the transformation into a more digital and sustainable tomorrow. At Normet everyone is provided with opportunities to reach their full potential, valuing the differences of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
In this position, you lead and develop service delivery and profit & loss in Sales Unit Nordics (Finland, Norway, Sweden).
You are a key player in further developing and scaling up our versatile and high-quality services to Normet’s customers. From business perspective, you get to create and develop Nordics Services Strategy, and implement it in cooperation with EMEA Services and Global Services functions and Sales Area Nordics.
You lead the complete service delivery and profit and loss in the area, having a fascinating leadership role to various types of services, business models and assets that Normet offers to its customers. You proactively develop business and sales support, including area fleet management and customer site plans. You have a special focus on developing service agreement business, together with Sales Unit Nordics. Financially, you lead services OPEX and CAPEX in tight cooperation with your colleagues in business controlling function. You drive operational excellence and continuous improvement as well as collect, share and act upon customer feedback. You seamlessly cooperate across business lines to provide best value for customers.
As a leader of the Nordics Service organization, you ensure that your team is working towards high performance, customer centricity and integrity according to Normet values. You are responsible for Safety, Health & Quality in the area. You have a crucial role in defining, creating and maintaining competences and capacity to respond to business needs. You establish area level training and technical support capabilities, together with Services EMEA /Global Services functions and the respective Area HR.
Your job location is flexible but preferably close to a Normet site. You report to the GM Services for EMEA as well as to VP, Sales Unit Nordics).
To be successful in this role, you are customer centric and can turn customer understanding into business requirements. You have a track record of leading substantial service organizations and profit & loss business in the Nordic Region. Your experience from building scalable operations during a period of growth will be of great advantage. Ideally, you have experience from working in an OEM or end user, preferably in mining or tunneling industry.
As you deal with various external and internal stakeholders, you shall have strong co-operational skills, e.g. ability to work according to commonly agreed targets and values. Safety mindset and focus is an absolute “must” in this role. Furthermore, your experience in continuous improvement and operational excellence will ensure high quality and efficiency of operations. You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree and fluent command of English and either Swedish or Norwegian language, additional languages, such as Finnish, is seen as an advantage.
The Service Manager is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Provide input in business and strategic planning
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
- Resolve issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Provide guidance to subordinate staff and evaluate performance
- Overseeing daily operations of the Services team
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Write and submit reports to the GM Service and SU Manager in all matters of importance
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Provides strategic direction and "operational excellence" strategies
- Communicates for awareness and buy-in to organisational change
- Drive strategic and continuous improvement initiatives at all levels
The key tactical and operational outputs underpinning the business:
- Forecasting, budgeting, gross margin management and reporting
- Ensuring wise spending for long-term sustainability
- Improved profitability of the Services business by managing operational costs, improving cost recovery efficiency and maximising productivity
- Clarify and communicate Service vision, strategic goals
- Create the environment to achieve high performing teams
- Coaching, mentoring and talent development for the team
- Periodically & consistently reward and recognise performance within the team
- Live the values
- Recruit & retain talent
- Participate in functional planning process with accountability for implementation in own areas
- Forecasting and planning for capex
- Managing field service plans, contracts and projects
- Develop and Manage the Service Sales business (agreements, parts, upgrade and modernization as well as machine and component rebuild.
- Logistics and supply chain efficiencies
- Driving change, innovation and technology
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Understand and manage internal customer relationships and expectations, ensure strong partnership exists between SBL and SU
- Manage internal and external Service Providers
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction through proactive needs analysis and service delivery
- Ensure environmental impact of operations and projects is effectively managed
- Application of knowledge areas
- MS Office
- Analytical Skills
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Talent & Performance Management
- Organisational understanding
- Ability to build an integrated team based on an understanding of roles, skills, and diversity needs
The Service Manager is required to meet the following criteria:
- Engineering qualification (B.Sc, M.Sc, B.Eng)
- MBA / MBL is advantageous
- Proven experience as a Corporate Services or Internal Business Manager (min 5 years)
- Solid understanding of business functions such as HR, finance, procurement etc.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, budgeting and reporting
- Knowledge of relevant business laws and regulations
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work extended hours during periods of increased activity
- Self-disciplined and a team player
- Good communication skills
Please apply through Normet Career page: https://normet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NormetCareers/job/Lule/Service-Manager-Nordics_R_000958
Join us in helping our customers to build the safest workplaces underground!