We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Service Engineer at ABB Oy, Grid Automation Systems unit in Vaasa. You will be responsible for providing engineering and expert services for our existing installed base globally. This includes system upgrades and extensions, consulting services, remote diagnostics, corrective and preventive maintenance, site audits and various cyber security services. In this position, you need to be a customer oriented problem solver by nature, have readiness to travel and the ability to learn quickly new things. Ideally, you are also experienced in designing critical communication networks and cyber security for control systems.
• Working at the customer front end delivering engineering and expert services for ABB MicroSCADA Pro systems
• Discussing with end customers and partners. Providing technical support for sales and project teams in negotiation and execution phases
• Creating and maintaining customer work logs, inventory databases and documentations
• A challenging position in an international working environment with advanced technology and innovation
• A highly valued global support network
• Global career opportunities
• B.Sc or M.Sc in information technology or electrical engineering
• Minimum of 3 years work experience with SCADA/DMS systems
• A proven track record in designing critical communication networks and cyber security
• Good job planning, prioritizing, time management and documentation skills and the ability to work under pressure. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Culturally sensitive communication skills with a positive attitude, open-minded and a quick learner with readiness to travel
• Fluent spoken and written Finnish and English skills
Ideally, you have
• Work experience with ABB MicroSCADA Pro products
• Interest in complex problem solving and an innovative spirit
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66585308 by November 11, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Tony Sandelin +358 50 3342 686.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com