Service Desk Analyst
Specsavers Optical Group Ltd
Do you enjoy providing professional frontline IT support to internal stakeholders? And do you see yourself working in a busy IT Service Desk within a dynamic matrix-organisation?
If so, we have an exciting position for you at Specsavers’ Finnish support office, as our new Service Desk Analyst.
Specsavers is a leading optical retailer with over 450 stores scattered across Northern Europe. We are now looking to fill a vacancy in our Service Desk team in Finland, based at our support office in Vantaa. The purpose of this role is to provide quality professional front line IT support, technical diagnosis and fault resolution for Specsavers’ stores and business units.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the IT Service Manager in Finland, this is a full-time position where the specific job responsibilities include:
- Handling incoming incidents via Phone, e-mail and our ServiceNow Portal, promptly and effectively.
- Work within a busy and dynamic IT Service Desk providing direct support to stores and support offices on a 1st and, in some cases, 2nd tier level
- Support stores both with incidents and requests for information
- Work with operating systems such as Windows and Linux
- Work within the disciplines of Incident and Problem processes
- Triage and resolve a wide range of store-, business-, or hardware technical issues
- Ensure all incident and request details are captured, and that clear updates and closure notes are maintained in the service management software
- Manage incidents, requests and problems through to resolution with a high degree of ownership.
- Keep customers updated as to progress and resolution
- Escalate any issues where a resolution may be delayed or is not clear
- Creating and keeping Knowledge Base Articles and the Finnish SD SharePoint up to date.
- Work individually or as part of a team developing Service Improvement Projects
- Conducting Store visits when required
- Effectively share knowledge and maintain good communication with all colleagues to issues that impact service or solutions.
Who you are
We’re looking for a Service Desk Analyst with previous experience of working in an IT Service Desk environment supporting customers in a front-line capacity. As such, you need to have acquired a competent level of hardware/software troubleshooting ability. Personally, this will be the job of a candidate who enjoys working in a changing and challenging environment with the desire to develop a career within the IT Service Sector. Occasionally, you should also be able to work overtime and have on call-duty, as well as some overnight stays in countries abroad.
In addition to that, we’re looking for someone who has acquired the following qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in an IT Service Desk environment supporting customers.
- A competent level of hardware/software troubleshooting ability
- Knowledge of Linux servers and clients / Windows / MS Office / Service Now / SQL.
- Experience of effectively using service management software
- Professional telephone service skills and a good general understanding of communication – both verbal and written – in English and Finnish
- Hold a strong work ethic and ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to work shifts – occasional weekends, overtime/overnight stays involved with store visits and business trips abroad
- Confident in taking personal responsibility for developing and completing service improvement projects when required as well as taking ownership of hitting service targets
- Happy to deliver project assignments – either working on own initiative or as part of a small team to deliver service improvements to Specsavers’ stores
- ITIL Foundation certificate holder – desirable, but not a must
- A track record of implementing good Service Desk ideas to improve customer support – desirable, but not a must.
What’s in it for you
In the role of our new Service Desk Analyst, we offer you a challenging position, working with highly competent colleagues as well as working for a rapidly growing business. Our organisation consists of people who are eager for the opportunity and freedom to make their contribution. It’s going to be an exciting journey – and you could be part of it!
In addition, you’ll get to enjoy the following employee perks:
- Join a smart, passionate, and confident team with colleagues from many nationalities
- Great training and development opportunities where no two days will be the same in our fast-moving matrix environment
- A salary package matching your qualifications and other staff benefits
- Be part of a business which serves a major impact on the future of eye- and hearing care.
Is this you? Great!
We’d love to hear from you. To apply, send your CV and cover letter through the link below.
We’re on the lookout for the right person to join us as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the position, you’re welcome to contact IT Service Manager in Finland, Johannes Isaksen, on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries about the recruitment process go to Recruitment Manager, Hans Gronbech at + 45 21 21 85 13.
Be sure to visit our Career Site to learn more about your opportunities at Specsavers.