AT WÄRTSILÄ, PEOPLE ARE THE ULTIMATE
Wärtsilä wants to enable sustainable societies with smart technology. Digital transformation for us means to become a data led, insights driven, and agile technology company dedicated to taking a leadership role in the smart marine and smart energy ecosystems throughout their entire lifecycle. Information Management (IM) is part of the corporate-level Digital organisation. IM integrates processes, systems and information, supporting businesses in digitizing the core operations and enabling new digital business opportunities via technology and information.
We are offering you an opportunity to shape the future of our IT environment as we are looking for an energetic Service Designer. In the Service Designer position you will work in operational development projects and contribute to further development of Service Design methods in Wärtsilä. To qualify for the job you need to be creative, ambitious, good with people and a fun person to work with.
- Acting as a Service Designer in IT / operational development projects
- Facilitating Service Design workshops
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to understand user needs and design user journeys
- Arranging design reviews, conducting usability tests and working with the project team to get designs implemented
- Development of Service Design methods and tools at Wärtsilä
- Supporting and coaching colleagues with Service Design methods
- Communication with various stakeholders
- M.Sc. in Information Technology or Economics & Business Administration (human computer interaction or similar)
- Few years work experience as a Service Designer is an advantage
- Sound understanding of IT development process and business needs
- Solid skills in Service Design methods: workshop facilitation, service blueprints, user journeys, personas, UI prototypes etc. UX design skills are a plus
- Excellent visualization, communication and collaboration skills as well as strong will to make user flow as simple and smooth as possible
- Proactive and goal-focused attitude
- Fluent written and spoken English
Possible LOCATIONS for this position are Vaasa and Helsinki.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Mari-Ella Juhola, General Manager, Project Management
Mobile phone: +358 40 580 5700
Please submit your application including salary request at www.wartsila.com/careers latest by 30.4.2019. Please note that applications are reviewed already during application period to shorten time to hire.