Senior Threat Researcher – Protection
F-Secure is a leader in cyber security, and to continue leading the field, we need people with variety of talents and skill sets. Whether you specialize in reverse engineering or threat research, we always welcome passionate professionals to join the team.
At F-Secure, we place high importance on fellowship and encourage collaboration and sharing of ideas. Fellows can speak their mind freely while still maintaining mutual respect to one another. We believe that to advance forward, we must think creatively and challenge existing ways constructively. While we take protecting our customers very seriously, we still make sure that there is time for fun activities like wall climbing or chasing the northern lights together. If you believe that we are describing your work style, then come and join us.
We are looking for a seasoned security researcher to join the Threat Protection team, the team that is responsible for providing cutting-edge protection to F-Secure customers using various technologies and tools such as advanced behavior monitoring and artificial intelligence. You will be working alongside some of the best security researchers in the world with breadth of expertise and skills.
Key responsibilities in this role:
- Work on detailed analysis and reverse engineering of the latest threats on two or more of these platforms: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS or Linux
- Conduct research that produce new insights, analyses, data and prototypes that advances cutting edge threat protection
- Create detections using various technologies
- Work closely with data scientists to mine through large amounts of data and determine malicious patterns to create or improve machine learning models
- Lead efforts to build and use automation, machine learning and the cloud to support and improve our daily tasks
- Collaborate with researchers, developers and stakeholders to improve the protection capabilities of F-Secure products
- Forecast changes in customer needs, the threat landscape or in the industry and take proactive actions based on those forecasts.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the company and externally through threat descriptions, white papers, blogposts, security conferences, presentations, etc.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science or related fields with 5+ years of professional experience in security/malware research or analysis. Or 7+ years of professional experience in security/malware research or analysis.
- Highly skilled in reverse engineering (x86, x64, ARM, Dalvik)
- Good communication skills in English and an absolute team player. Ability to coordinate and collaborate well with diverse personalities and cultures.
- Solid knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, Python or Java.
- Solid understanding of operating system internals (Windows, Android, macOS or Linux) and of fundamental Internet infrastructure and application layer protocols including TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP, etc.
- Highly skilled in using disassemblers and debuggers such as IDA Pro, Windbg, Ollydbg, GDB, DTrace
- Ability to analyze and present complex data visually in a meaningful way
- Experience in working with machine learning models to identify threats and anomalies, cluster and classify samples or data or filtering white noises for both network-based and host-based incidents is a huge advantage
Sounds interesting enough?
Please apply asap. Our benefits include extensive health care, remote working, company supported sport activities, lunch vouchers, gym and sauna at the premises and we even subsidize your commuting by paying you a bicycle and many more things to keep our best asset – people - happy!