Senior System Expert
Wärtsilä Oyj Abp
Welcome to Wärtsilä! For one of our product development teams in Helsinki/Drunen, we are looking for an experienced Senior System Expert who wants to join to develop and design a world-class connectivity solution.
Imagine, you are on a cruise ship enjoying your well-deserved holiday. You are drinking a cocktail while enjoying the nice weather on the sun deck near the pool. Everything is perfect.
Meanwhile, in the engine room, one of the chief mechanics is getting an alert. It seems that the temperature of one of the main fuel pumps is increasing unexpectedly. After a quick check-up, it seems that one of the valves is broken and needs to be repaired immediately. Due to our machine learning algorithms, unplanned downtime of the cruise ship was prevented.
These activities are enabled by our cyber secure and efficient data collection system that collects sensor data from the equipment onboard. Our remote access solution allows our experts to assist our customers with operational issues, in real-time, in a collaborative fashion.
Your main responsibility is to ensure that these connectivity products and solutions are well defined, standardized and efficient to deliver and maintain over the lifecycle of several years.
To succeed in this role, you would also possess strong collaboration, interpersonal communication and presentation skills. You have fluent written and spoken English skills.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Design standard delivery scope for Wartsila Data Collection Unit (WDCU) installations for the purpose of data collection and remote access
- Design and create technical product documentation for WDCU including drawings and network diagrams
- Provide technical sales support towards agreements sales and connectivity mobilization team
- Support WDCU product owner on hardware-, and network- and connectivity topics
- Interface with engineering- and project management stakeholders in other business units in Wärtsilä
- Work with Cyber Security function to refine our network design to obtain cyber security type approvals
What do we expect from you?
- You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT, computer sciences, automation technology or another relevant field combined with a minimum of 4 years of working experience in a similar position, or 8 years of experience in software / IT development.
- You have proven experience designing, implementing and maintaining connectivity solutions with practical experience with networking technologies.
- Willingness to collaborate with other experts, prototyping, designing and evaluating networking solutions.
- Ability to bring structure, clear documentation and specifications and systematic approach to otherwise complex environment.
- Good skill of coordinating projects with yes-can-do attitude.
- Systematic and pragmatic mindset
- Good communication and team-work skills added with transparent way of working.
- Experience with automation systems, PLCs, networking protocols, Linux and cyber security in industrial context are considered as an advantage.
Fluent in English, both orally and written, Finnish is seen as an advantage.
We do we offer for you?
- Join cutting edge team transforming maritime and energy industry with smart technologies
- Engaged colleagues with relaxed atmosphere
- International work network, you will be working with colleagues across the globe
- Career growth opportunities, Wärtsilä is a large global company with presence in various industries
Possible locations for this position are Helsinki, Finland and Drunen, Netherlands.
Please submit your application at www.wartsila.com/careers latest by 23rd November, 2020.
Chief Digital Product Owner, Digital Product Development