We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Senior SW Engineer at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions unit in Vaasa. In this position, you will be in charge of developing web-based services in R&D. You are capable of working in a multicultural team spread over several geographical locations and guiding your teammates in their work.
• Specifying and developing IoT and cloud based applications
• Delivering end-to-end solutions with IoT architectures
• Participating in make-or-buy analyses
• Coordinating subcontractor work
• The possibility to work in an agile development team in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• The opportunity to collaborate with experts in an international environment
• The chance to gain experience in the latest technologies in the IoT environment and make practical use of them
• The possibility to take on the role of global SW architect for IoT systems and AI applications
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in information technology or similar
• A few years’ experience in software development in the IoT environment
• Deep knowledge of cloud environments, such as MS Azure or AWS or similar
• Capable of understanding SW architectures and related security aspects.
• Good knowledge of design patterns, unit testing, agile SW development practices and design tools.
• Knowledge of industrial applications and related communication solutions
• Programming languages: C++, C#, C
• IT skills: MS Windows, Linux, MS Visual Studio environment and tools, MS Office
• Fluency in English
Ideally, you have
• Experience in mobile application development using Xamarin (Xamarin.Forms and C#) and experience in mobile frameworks: Apache Cordova/ Phone Gap/Ionic
• Experience in implementing analytical and/or AI applications
• A willingness to learn new technologies
• Good written and spoken communication skills in Finnish
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66581269 by October 14, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Mikko Olli, tel. +358 50 3343 589.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com