Senior Specialist/Manager, Responsible Sourcing
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are looking for a Senior Specialist / Manager, Responsible Sourcing to join the UPM Raflatac Sourcing team for a permanent position located in either Tampere or Helsinki, Finland.
UPM Raflatac is one of the world’s leading producers of self-adhesive label materials which we supply for consumer product and industrial labelling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 3,000 people and had a turnover of EUR 1.5 billion in 2018. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM – The Biofore Company. Find out more at www.upmraflatac.com
UPM Sourcing is a global function responsible for ensuring a competitive supply of raw materials and services to the business and for the management and development of suppliers according to category strategies. The UPM Raflatac Sourcing team is a global team of 17 professionals located in Finland, China, UK and the USA.
Greetings from your future manager
“Welcome to our dynamic team of sourcing professionals. In your role you will have a key responsibility to ensure the implementation and development of our responsible sourcing processes. You will also have a chance to develop them and work with an extensive network of both sustainability, sourcing and other professionals. We are looking for a team player with sustainability background that can help us to drive our responsible sourcing practices to the next level. With your background and competence profile you can also still influence the final scope of the role.” – Maria Seppälä
What you’ll do
In the position you will manage responsible sourcing and compliance related activities in the UPM Raflatac global sourcing organization. You will also have the responsibility of our FSC & PEFC Chain-of-Custody management systems globally. Your main tasks include:
- Chain of Custody (CoC) management at UPM Raflatac
- Maintaining and developing FSC & PEFC CoC and other similar management systems
- Leading management reviews and ensuring alignment with business strategies
- Managing and coordinating internal and external audits and corrective actions
- Maintaining and training expert networks of regional and site responsible persons
- Developing new certification systems’ use in UPM Raflatac as needed
- Relevant regulation follow-up and reporting to ensure legal compliance
- Collaboration with sourcing category managers and suppliers to ensure UPM Raflatac suppliers meet the responsible sourcing requirements
- Coordination of our supplier auditing process and audits based on identified risks
- Management and reporting on suppliers’ sustainability performance, product safety and other related data
- Training and development of the organization’s competences in responsible sourcing
- Developing and managing sustainability related projects and events with our suppliers and other stakeholders
Who you are
- You have a relevant university degree and at least some experience in global responsible sourcing, corporate social responsibility or sustainability work
- You have knowledge and experience of Chain of Custody management systems and understanding of global supply chains
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a positive spirit combined with excellent influencing and collaboration and networking skills
- You are a team player with some experience in global and virtual organizations
- You have business oriented mindset
- You are willing and able to travel
- You are fluent in spoken and written English, other language skills are an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is located in Tampere or Helsinki, Finland.
The final title of the job will be finalized based on the selected candidates background and competences.
For further information, please contact Maria Seppälä, Vice President, Sourcing at email@example.com or +358503240794.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter latest 02.06.2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.