Senior Specialist, Product Development
Solar Foods Oy
If you are looking to be part of an inspiring team dedicated to solving the future of food then Solar Foods is your new home. Solar Foods is a visionary food-tech company that develops revolutionary innovations for food production at a global level. As an active player in solving the global food crisis, Solar Foods provides new solutions that secure the sustainable use of natural resources by disconnecting food production from agriculture.
We produce the world’s most sustainable protein: Solein®. We are on our way to make Solein® the magic ingredient for future food.
Solar Foods is now taking its first steps towards the market launch of Solein®. We see both current and future foods as direct platforms for our revolutionary protein.
We have a need in our team in Espoo, Finland for a Senior Specialist for Product Development with a background in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Research and develop methods and specifications together with our customers for integrating Solein® in a variety of food products – Leading the global novel food approval process for Solein®
- Overseeing subcontractors’ work
- Readiness to formulate and develop foods and supplements
- Initiate raw material and factory trial analytical testing
- Enter product material specifications and formulas
- Produce formula cost information
- Guide and mentor junior team members as needed Documentation of findings, results, and procedures
- You thrive and rely on science
- You are hands-on and solution-oriented
- You possess readiness to work in a laboratory
- You are able to convert your own research results into practical solutions
- MSc or PhD degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field. BSc with extensive experience in the field is also acceptable
- You have previous working experience with food proteins or in a related field
- Readiness for reasonable travelling
- Strong computer skills
- Good communication and team leadership skills, ability to work with and/or supervise a variety of people and subcontractors Analytical, highly organised, and demonstrating excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please download your CV and cover letter no later than Monday 14 October 2019.