Senior specialist / Manager, Sustainability and Quality
Haluatko työskennellä dynaamisessa, innovatiivisessa ja kansainvälisessä yrityksessä, joka tekee tulevaisuudesta parempaa meille kaikille? UPM on biometsäteollisuuden edelläkävijä ja rakennamme kestävää, innovaatiovetoista ja kiinnostavaa tulevaisuutta. Henkilöstömme osaaminen, terve arvopohja ja halu pyrkiä parempaan tekevät meistä ainutlaatuisia. Toimimme arvojemme mukaisesti: Luota ja ole luotettava, Tuloksia yhdessä ja Uudistu rohkeasti.
We are now looking for a Senior Specialist / Manager, Sustainability and Quality to join our UPM Biofuels team in Helsinki, Finland.
UPM Biofuels produces renewable and sustainable products for the transport and petrochemicals industries. We offer our customers ways to replace fossil raw materials and reduce their carbon footprint. UPM's innovative, bio-based products are frontrunners in quality, usability and sustainability. In addition to renewable diesel, the UPM Lappeenranta Biorefinery produces renewable naphtha - an excellent raw material for plastics, film materials or glues. www.upmbiofuels.com
Follow UPM Biofuels on LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube| #5yearsofupmbiofuels #beyondfossils
Greetings from your future manager
“We are now looking for a proactive person with a drive for continuous improvement, to be responsible for maintaining and developing UPM Biofuels' overall management system with a special focus on sustainability compliance. In your role you will have the possibility to get a view of the entire value chain and to deepen your knowledge widely in the fields of quality and sustainability management. Welcome to the team!” - Liisa Ranta, Senior manager, Sustainability and Market Development
What you’ll do
You will develop and maintain our management system which covers ways of working from raw material sourcing to sales. You will also be responsible for our sustainability and bioproduct certifications that enable sales of sustainable bio-based products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and development of UPM Biofuels’ management system, including facilitating process development
- Securing the compliance of the management system with applicable requirements, especially biofuel sustainability schemes and standards
- Coordination of document management
- Organizing internal and external audits and management reviews
- Training personnel in quality and sustainability topics
- Development of reporting and performance evaluation
Who you are
- You have a relevant university degree
- We value previous experience in industry processes, value chains and regulations
- You have experience in quality, sustainability or other management systems, certifications and audits (especially ISO-standards or biofuels sustainability schemes)
- Experience in lean methods, tools or business process management are seen as an advantage
- You have a curious mindset and a highly co-operative approach to work
- You have drive for continuous improvement
- You have excellent communication and influencing skills both in Finnish and English
- You have advanced MS Office and SharePoint skills
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of doing our part in saving the planet. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build your expertise. We give you room to experiment and provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving for a more sustainable future.
This position is located in Helsinki. You will be part of the Sustainability and Market Development team and report to Liisa Ranta, Senior Manager, Sustainability and Market Development.
For further information, please contact Liisa Ranta, at email@example.com or tel. +358405829338 on 31.8.2020 from 10:00 to 12:00 or 7.9.2020 from 10:00 to 12:00.
Please apply via the link and attach your CV and cover letter latest 20.09.2020. In your application please include also your salary requirement.
For support with submitting your application, please contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.