Senior Specialist, Logistics PlanningValmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Who we are and what we do
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 4.500 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our EV Systems business line we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
Here's where you'll make an impact
As a Logistics Planning Senior Specialist you will be part of the project core team and create and lead logistics concepts and development for either new or existing projects. You will take responsibility of the sub-project lead at the project concept planning stage independently and cooperate closely together with other stakeholders. The main activities include calculating and creating logistics concepts and logistics business cases and also calculating warehouse/logistics space requirements, freight, packaging, internal logistics and equipment investment costs. In your role you will be also extending the existing supplier base, creating new innovative logistics and packaging solutions and generating co2 reducing strategies.
We wish you to have
- Experience in a similar role or understanding of the role of logistics in a production environment and ability to handle the big picture planning of new concepts
- Understanding of logistics in the automotive industry is a definite advantage
- Analytical mindset and comfortability with numbers and Excel/Powerpoint
- At least elementary experience on AutoCAD or equivalent program for creating/understanding elementary drawings of warehouse/production line layout concepts
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and flexible approach
- Additionally to English, German language skill is an asset
Our special extras
- An employer committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business practices
- Performance-related annual bonuses
- Ergonomic and modern workstations
- Versatile e-learning opportunities (e.g. LinkedIn Learning and Rosetta Stone language courses)
- Free use of the gym at the Salo IoT Campus
- Electronical employee benefit ePassi, which can be used for sports, cultural and wellness services
Manager, Advanced Logistics Planning
(+358) +358 40 4878256
Please send your application by 31.8.2022