Senior Specialist, Governance and Securities Markets Compliance
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
To strengthen our team, we are now looking for a Senior Specialist, Governance and Securities Markets Compliance to join our Legal Team in Helsinki, Finland.
UPM Legal Function is a global function with around 30 professionals assisting UPM’s business areas and global functions in a variety of legal matters, including corporate governance and compliance.
Greetings from the manager
“We warmly welcome you to join our highly competent team of legal experts! As a member of our Governance and Securities Markets Compliance team you will be able to jump into the intriguing world of multinational corporation and chase your professional dreams as a valued member of UPM Legal. We are looking for a team player whose heart goes out to governance and who has the ambition to grow and learn more each day!” Saara-Maria Helminen, Group Legal Counsel, Governance & Securities Markets Compliance.
What you’ll do
As Senior Specialist (Governance and Securities Markets Compliance) your primary field of work consists of the following:
- Board meeting arrangements, coordination and drafting of meeting documents and presentations
- Preparations for the general meetings, including assistance in document drafting and review as well as practical arrangements, together with our dedicated team of specialists
- Principal role in the administration and development of UPM’s global subsidiary governance
- Acting as an integral part of UPM’s Insider Administration, including assistance in up-keeping of different lists required by applicable laws and regulations (potential insider lists, lists of persons subject to closed periods, list of managers and their closely associated persons etc.), assistance in e.g. reporting of managers’ transactions and other Market Abuse Regulation related issues
- Assistance in other corporate governance related processes.
Who you are
- You have several years working experience with corporate governance related issues in listed company’s legal department and/or in a law-firm
- You have basic understanding on stock exchange regulation, including Market Abuse Regulation (MAR)
- You have excellent people skills, ability to take responsibility and work sometimes under pressure and tight time schedules
- You have development-oriented mindset, ability to create and further develop processes and “can-do” attitude
- You have excellent Finnish and English skills, both written and oral
- You have excellent capabilities to use standard office programs such as MS Office tools
- You have previous experience on the use of e.g. Euroclear’s systems and Nasdaq’s Directors’ Desk is considered as asset
The position will be further tailored depending on the chosen candidate’s background.
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For more information, please contact Saara-Maria Helminen, Group Legal Counsel tel. +358407174998 on 24 February 2020 between 16-17 or 27 February 2020 between 15-17.
Please apply via the link and attach your CV and cover letter latest 10 March 2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.