Senior Specialist, Corporate Foresight and Strategy
Are you looking for a meaningful job with a possibility to make an impact?
VTT is one of the leading research and technology organizations in Europe. With us, you have an opportunity to be part of our innovative work community of brilliant minds, and learn and develop with the support of your teammates. We have over 2000 encouraging and inspiring colleagues from over 40 different nationalities waiting for you across Finland.
We are now looking for an experienced specialist to a new and unique role in join our team at VTT. While the world is changing with accelerating speed, the concrete future understanding has become a strategic assets for companies and societies. VTT’s Foresight-Driven Business strategies is a unit which purpose is to concretize the future opportunities and create actionable strategies for future-proof businesses and societies.
Our unique group of 80 leading experts work in close collaboration with customers, VTT experts and international partners, in order to gather the best future insights for the customers’ demands. At the moment, we are looking for an experienced person to strengthen our corporate foresight and strategy team, which focuses especially to support our company customers in their questions related to strategic foresight. The job is located either in Espoo or Tampere, Finland.
With us, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to and building analytical frameworks and conducting complex business analysis in the area of corporate foresight and strategy in close collaboration with customers.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis to support customer projects and related research initiatives, and help to synthesize the results into key trends, implications, and/or recommendations.
- Creation of new knowledge, methodologies and insight by carrying out high-quality research projects in relevant areas.
- Developing content that will be included in executive level presentations or high quality research reports with high impact.
- Managing projects/workstreams, expert networks and strategic partnerships critical for the projects.
In this position, you have the opportunity to think big, influence strongly in the strategic questions that companies are facing. With us, you will have access to leading technology insight, industry experts and global research networks that will help you leave your mark for a brighter future. As a research organization, we expect that you have keen interest in relevant research, and how to turn novel research results into customer benefits. We respect academic research background, but that is not mandatory.
We expect you to have:
- MSc in a relevant field (e.g. Industrial economics, corporate strategy or relevant engineering field)
- 5+ years strategy consulting or corporate strategy experience with proven track record
- Strong analytical and research skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Experience in expert service sales
- Strong communication skills with C-level readiness
- Proven project managements skills
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
In addition, proven customer interface performance and professionalism are all key attributes for success in the job.
As a person, we hope that you are:
- Proactive and possess a self-driven mind-set
- Critical thinker with ability to execute on the details
- Team worker with strong interpersonal skills
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Innovative and explorative
- Easy to work with and also enjoy more light-hearted discussions with your colleagues
What we offer you:
VTT provides an inspiring working environment that pools together world-class research, innovations and top experts. Our mission is to create impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society as well as in industry.
Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing, flexible work opportunities and competence development are key priorities for us. With us, you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time.
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information please contact Antti Ahola, Research Team Leader, Corporate Foresight and Strategy (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +358401805077) on Tuesday, April 14, between 14-16 or Wednesday, April 15 between 14-15.
We hope you are interested in joining us, so please send your CV and application with your salary request as soon as possible, or April 26 at the latest.
Apply between 8 April 2020 and 26 April 2020 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Regular