(Senior) Sourcing ManagerMetso Outotec
We are now looking for a Sourcing Manager, BL Hydrometallurgy. The selected person will work on Global Procurement in Minerals Business Area.
The purpose of this role is to improve product profitability and support business growth by developing a cost-competitive, high-quality, and innovative supplier base and by driving improvement in availability and lead times.
In this role, you will develop a product sourcing strategy for Stripping Machine and Tankhouse Equipment Product Groups according to the business priorities and requirements, translate this high-level plan into a procurement roadmap, and drive the execution of the defined actions. You will be working on supply base development, supplier negotiation, supplier performance management and delivery of results and improvements according to the plan. You will have multiple contact points, including BL management, product group, R&D, sales & proposal management. You will also collaborate with supplier quality teams and Market Area procurement organizations to work on the actions and initiatives.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
• Defining procurement strategy for BL/PGs in close collaboration with business contacts, translating this into a procurement roadmap and concrete action plan
• Developing competitive and responsive pre-defined supply base
• Exploring and implementing BCC sourcing opportunities, developing new suppliers and driving availability and lead time improvements with the suppliers
• Owning and monitoring supply base performance (cost, availability, quality), working constantly on improving total supply cost and availability
• Securing sourcing early involvement and supporting in prioritized R&D projects, sales cases and supply planning as needed
• Monitoring agreed sourcing KPIs and driving improvement in them
• Ensuring that procurement actions support the business requirements and ambitions
• Securing alignment of our sourcing priorities and actions with Other BL’s in Minerals BA, MA Procurement and with other BAs
• Representing procurement in relevant BA/BL/region forums and closely collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
Supplier Relationship Management
• Owning supplier relationships and acting as SRM for the key strategic suppliers
• Running supplier negotiations with these suppliers, and managing their performance
• Monitoring supplier assessments and approvals, and providing support in the process Promoting supplier innovation, while protecting company IPR
In this role, you will have the ownership of significant spend in BL Hydrometallurgy. The location for this role will be Espoo, Finland. You will report to Tuomas Tanskanen – Senior Sourcing Manager, BL Hydrometallurgy.
To be successful in this challenging business line-focused role you should have:
• Proven track record in delivering tangible sourcing improvements either in a business or procurement role
• Knowledge and expertise in a relevant technology is an advantage
• Knowledge of Hydrometallurgical solutions is an advantage
• Experience in assembly operations and several different components is an advantage
• Ability to think strategically, and act hands-on
• Great influencing skills, proactive and independent approach
• Strong drive and performance orientation skills required
• Relevant education supporting the role
• 5+ years’ work experience in supply, procurement or/and business line
• Ability and desire to travel internationally
We offer you a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the key procurement roles in BA Minerals, impact business performance with your actions, and a chance to collaborate with our experts and network across the globe.
For further details about the position, please contact email@example.com or +358 40 482 1803
To apply please leave your application by 15.02.2022. Please note that we will start interviews immediately after posting this job thus, send your application today!
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing and metals refining industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change. Metso Outotec is committed to limiting global warming to 1.5°C with Science Based Targets.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its sales for 2021 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.