We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position you will be working in an innovative R&D environment in developing new groundbreaking products for the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Together with the team, you will be creating sustainable future digital solutions and services and digitalizing the business unit’s value chain. You will work in close collaboration with your colleagues and with leading technologies.
• Analyzing written specifications and user needs to determine best technical implementation
• Developing Windows desktop software which communicates with industrial devices
• Maintaining and refactoring legacy code
• Designing software solutions suiting business quality and performance
• Communicating and collaborating with other team members from international environment
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity to work with world-class technology in demanding product development projects as part of a highly skilled team
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in computer science or equivalent education
• Several years’ experience in .NET platform development (C# , WinForms or WPF)
• A few years’ experience in C/C++ development
• Strong problem solving skill and ability to implement excellent UX
• The ability to pay attention to details while also perceiving the big picture
• The ability to keep quality and security in mind and continuously look for improvement
• Team player, experience in working in an agile/Scrum environment
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Familiarity with popular protocol stacks, e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS
• Experience of developing proprietary protocol
• Knowledge of cyber security technology
• Knowledge of Web Services integration (REST, XML, JSON, Jscript)
• Knowledge of automation system
• Knowledge of local connectivity, e.g. USB and BT technology
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67360123 by January 27, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Zhongliang Hu, tel. +358 50 332 2044.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com