Senior Software Developer, Consumer Finance
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, CONSUMER FINANCE (2 POSITIONS)
Have you indetified the spark in you to be able to develop influential solutions that make everyday life easier for millions of people? Would you like to participate in developing products and services that you might even use yourself? This is truly possible in the largest financial company in Finland!
WHAT WOULD YOU GET TO DO AS SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER AT OP?
We at OP are actively taking digitalization in the banking sector to the next level. This way, we will be able to provide our customers, actually over four million of them, with top quality banking services also in the future. This is where we need your help – we are now looking to grow our tech teams in Oulu.
In this role, your focus will be on developing our op.fi website, both its backend and frontend. We especially concentrate on developing our consumer credit solutions on op.fi. In addition, our team builds enablers for our mobile app. This way, we want to provide our customers with new consumer finance services and make it even easier for them to handle their finances through our digital channels. We write a lot in Java, and the frontend of our solutions is mainly built with React. Microservice architecture and DevOps also frame our daily routine.
We appreciate a variety of different kinds of software development backgrounds, and it would be great if you have built services for large user groups previously and are somewhat familiar with microservice architecture, DevOps, and building and/or managing APIs (having used Apigee, for example). You will get to work closely with a compact team of 3 experienced developers (2 of them have enjoyed working for OP for years already), and the team will also provide you with a proper onboarding. As you can see, we work on a complex development area, so this role provides interesting challenges also for a more seasoned developer.
If you would like to really embark on something new, this is a great possibility for you!
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- Strong experience of web full stack development, for example with Java and React
- Experience of microservice architecture, DevOps, and building/managing APIs
- Enthusiasm to get things done and to learn
- Willingness to work as an active member of the team
- Working proficiency in English
WHAT WE SEE AS ADVANTAGES:
- Previous experience of building services for large user groups and/or SaaS service integrations (or integrations in general)
- TDD or other test automation know-how
- Familiarity with containers
- Working proficiency in Finnish
- Positive and solutions-oriented mindset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation level
- Benefits and discounts on OP’s own products
- Chance to work with solutions that have an impact on the everyday life of millions of people
- Possibility to enhance your own skillset while working with highly talented team members
- Comprehensive occupational healthcare
- Sport and cultural benefits
HOW WOULD YOUR WORK AND CAREER LOOK LIKE AT OP?
We have noticed that our software developers find their colleagues to be the best thing about their work. We appreciate passion to write quality code and create automation that is both reusable and that has been documented clearly. The ability to identify dependencies, challenges, and risks, and to take initiative based on these observations is highly valued. Our vision is to be the leading and most attractive financial services provider in Finland, and, as this goal is shared by all OP personnel, we truly value your expertise and ideas on how to reach our common goals in a smart way.
HOW TO APPLY:
Do you feel that this position might match your wishes? Let’s get to know each other! Apply for the position at latest on the 12th of March or contact the team’s supervisor Jukka Merisalo (email@example.com, +358405344230) for further information.
We will be in touch with as soon as we have processed your application. We hope to hear from you soon!
Before signing the final job contract, we will carry out credit reference and security clearance checks, drug tests, and an occupational healthcare survey.