Senior Software Developer, Cloud-Based APIs & Service Development
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, CLOUD-BASED APIS & SERVICE DEVELOPMENT (3 POSITIONS)
Have you indetified the spark in you to be able to develop influential solutions that make everyday life easier for millions of people? Would you like to participate in developing products and services that you might even use yourself? This is truly possible in the largest financial company in Finland!
WHAT WOULD YOU GET TO DO AS SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER AT OP?
We at OP are actively taking digitalization in the banking sector to the next level. This way, we will be able to provide our customers, actually over four million of them, with top quality banking services also in the future. This is where we need your help – we are now looking to grow our tech teams in Oulu.
In this position, you get to focus on developing our AWS-based cloud services, more precisely integration solutions of e.g. our payment services (also from an access and authorization management point of view), as well as transaction services. One example of the exciting areas we work with is real-time payments. Even though AWS functions as the main context of our development work, full stack web development also plays a big role in your daily work. In addition to AWS, the stack we actively use consists of Java and Node.js, and the frontend of our solutions is mainly built with React.
We appreciate a variety of different kinds of software development backgrounds, and it would be great if you have built AWS services previously and are somewhat familiar with microservices architecture. You will get to work closely with a compact team of experienced developers and automation specialists, and the team will also provide you with a proper onboarding. As you can see, we work on a complex development area, so this role provides interesting challenges also for a more seasoned developer.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- Previous experience of working with cloud-based solutions (preferably AWS) and APIs (using Apigee, for example)
- Strong experience of web full stack development, for example with Java, Node.js, and React
- Enthusiasm to get things done and to learn
- Willingness to work as an active member of the team
- Working proficiency in English
WHAT WE SEE AS ADVANTAGES:
- Working proficiency in Finnish
- DevOps way of working and building services
- The ability to handle complex entities
- Positive and solutions-oriented mindset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation level
- Benefits and discounts on OP’s own products
- Chance to work with solutions that have an impact on the everyday life of millions of people
- Possibility to enhance your own skillset while working with highly talented team members
- Comprehensive occupational healthcare
- Sport and cultural benefits
HOW WOULD YOUR WORK AND CAREER LOOK LIKE AT OP?
We have noticed that our software developers find their colleagues to be the best thing about their work. We appreciate passion to write quality code and create automation that is both reusable and that has been documented clearly. The ability to identify dependencies, challenges, and risks, and to take initiative based on these observations is highly valued. Our vision is to be the leading and most attractive financial services provider in Finland, and, as this goal is shared by all OP personnel, we truly value your expertise and ideas on how to reach our common goals in a smart way.
HOW TO APPLY:
Do you feel that this position might match your wishes? Let’s get to know each other! Apply for the position at latest on the 12th of March or contact the team’s supervisor Jukka Merisalo (firstname.lastname@example.org, +358405344230) for further information.
We will be in touch with as soon as we have processed your application. We hope to hear from you soon!
Before signing the final job contract, we will carry out credit reference and security clearance checks, drug tests, and an occupational healthcare survey.