Senior Software Architect
Build Finland's leading entertainment platform at Elisa? Our Elisa Viihde service is available on the set-top-box, in smart TV, on web and in mobile, with over 300 000 customers. It provides a couple of hundred different tv channels, live content, applications for Netflix and HBO, and e.g. Elisa’s own wide entertainment library. We are the market leader in our field in Finland and consequently, the daily amount of traffic is significant. We are also considered to be an innovative business on our field in the European region and our value base is strongly rooted in agile development and trust. In order to stay at the top of our game, we are constantly assuring the smoothness of our service and renewing it smartly.
Weare now looking for a top-level expert to take responsibility for our architecture and integrations to our content providing partners. This type of role is quite unique in a country size of Finland!
What to expect?
We are solving questions such as “How to develop our cloud service and how to do it?”, “ To what direction should we take Elisa Viihde service in the future?”, “ How can we enhance our contents by using AI?”, “How do we utilize our platform in the most effective way?”. If planning and implementing these kinds of technical puzzles is something you'd like to do in the future, this might be the right opportunity for you!
In this role you'd:
- Be the crucial link between the business side and tech, evaluating which kind of features will be implemented to the product, and translating them into technical tasks
- Ensure our system is scalable
- Develop our architecture in the long run
- Make decisions on our cloud services and utilizing AI
- Coach your more junior team members
Why Elisa Viihde?
You'll get to build a truly large-scale, complex software system and use your own vision in directing its development. Ouraim is to learn and to gain a freshperspective, and this is why we warmly welcome and embrace your ideas and expertise. You will be able to provide quality entertainment to hundreds of thousands of people by building a product that is selling very well on the market and scaling rapidly.
Elisa Viihde teams are appraised for having a pleasant social environment, where people tend to stay because they simply enjoy working here. The working culture is very independent, international and agile. Elisa, as an employer, also enables a lot of freedom and flexibility in general. Remote work is a natural part of Elisa's way of life as well as autonomy on when you wish to work.
Could I be the one?
- Good understanding of databases
- Strong knowledge in distributed systems
- Skills in both Java and Python – mastering at least one of them
- Deep interest in developing cloud infrastructure – even nicer if you have previous experience in this
- Solid communication skills and fluent English
Sounds interesting? The Hiring Manager Santeri Auvinen, email@example.com will be happy to tell you more!