Senior Software Architect
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
Our software professionals in Finland are proud to play a role in helping humankind
Senior Software Architect
What story will YOU tell? Yes, YOU.
We are always looking for great people and we can’t do our new Senior Software Architect opening justice on one page so please visit jobs.thermofisher.com or www.thermofisher.com to find out about Our Mission, Our Stories and discover where We are going.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Software Architect to join our R&D Software team in Vantaa to work with world renowned Clinical and Industrial Analyzers and Automation Systems to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. The team consists of around 20 software engineers and you will also be working with different cross-functional stakeholders like project managers, scientists, hardware, usability, verification and validation engineers.
What you will be responsible for:
- Define a common technical and architectural vision for the System(s)/Solution(s) under development
- Drive alignment of the development teams on common technological and architectural vision
- Collaborate with other professionals to define the higher-level Functional and Nonfunctional Requirements
- Validate technology assumptions, identify and evaluate technical alternatives and make technical trade-offs
- Lead definition of the system, subsystems as well as the interfaces and collaboration between them
- Supervise and foster Built-in Quality through adoption of practices like Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development (TDD), Refactoring, Pair work, Automated acceptance testing
- Provide technical mentoring and advice to other engineers/colleagues
- Train team members in design related disciplines like Object Oriented Design Principles and Patterns
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years proven track record of designing and building highly scalable, maintainable, secure and robust software
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design Principles and Patterns
- Working experience with both Application and Embedded Software development
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Working experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
Communication and drive:
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with all the stakeholders globally
- Ability to convey very complex information in both written and oral form to both non-technical and deeply technical audiences
- Passion towards continuous improvement, high quality and willingness to own and be accountable for design decisions
- Analytical thinker and problem solver. Able to resolve complex problems independently
- Ability to drive results and make necessary trade-offs effectively for multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- M.Sc. Degree in software engineering, computer science or information technology.
These will impress us even more:
- Experience with scaling Agile practices across the organization
- Experience with IVD regulations
- Strong knowledge and experience of C#/.NET, C++, C, cloud technologies like AWS, Windows and Linux OS
- Working knowledge of Test Automation frameworks like Robot Framework
- Knowledge of Behavioral Driven Development and tools (BDD)
- Wide understanding on generic verification/validation processes and procedures
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter, CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Candidates will be reviewed during the process. Please apply as soon as possible but at the latest by Monday the 3rd of June. Ref: 91217BR.
Should you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position, feel free to contact Horia Biro, Senior Manager - SW Engineering, by horia.biro (at) thermofisher.com
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.