Senior Scientist/Post-doctoral researcher Immunology-oncology, Cell biology
Kuopio Center for Gene and Cell Therapy Oy
KCT is looking for two Senior Scientists for two different projects:
Project 1. In this project, the successful candidate will be developing T and NK based cell therapy products for ovarian and brain cancers. Lentivirus technology and CRIPR-Cas will be utilized in genetic engineering of the cells for cancer targeting and improved performance in solid cancer treatments. The candidate will closely work together with KCT team developing clinical grade cell therapy product processes. KCT research team has already established in vitro and in vivo methods to further characterize and functionally test the developed products.
Project 2. In this project, the successful candidate will participate in establishing 3-D cultures and characterization of ovarian and brain tumors. Cell culture, immunological and molecular methods are extensively utilized. The candidate will also participate in single-cell sequencing and proteomics characterizations involving collaborative laboratories specialist in these techniques. The candidate will work together with KCT research team with extensive knowledge in cell biology, immunology and bioinformatics.
The successful candidates will be responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing the project. These duties will involve practical laboratory technologies, and therefore strong wet lab background is essential. This person will work closely together with internal project teams and external collaborators and therefore have excellent communication skills in English.
- The successful applicant should hold or be about to obtain a PhD in a relevant field, such as cell biology, immunology, immuno-oncology or cancer biology.
Skills and experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Project management
- Strong overall wet lab experience
- Cell biology methods, like primary cell isolation, 3D organoid culture, functional assays
- Multicolor flow cytometry – panel design and data analysis
- Gene editing technologies and advanced molecular methods
- Setting up and developing functional assays and analytical methods
- Furthermore, extensive understanding of such or related concepts as the human immune system activation and regulation or cancer immunosurveillance and cancer therapy is considered beneficial
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills in English are essential
- Both job opportunities are Senior Scientist positions
The positions are initially for three years. International candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. KCT’s HR team are available to help with issues related to relocation.
Further information (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Tuija Kekarainen, Cell Therapy Unit Director
Anssi Kailaanmäki, Head of Immunology
Katja Puttonen, Head of Process Development
Johanna Pirinen, HR Director