Kuopio Center for Gene and Cell Therapy Oy
We are seeking enthusiastic, highly motivated and skilled candidate preferably with a background in tumor biology or immunology for a Senior Scientist (post-doctoral) role in Solid Tumor Modelling Program in Kuopio Center for Gene and Cell Therapy. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to work in the area of tumor microenvironment and/or discovery of novel tumor targets. The candidate will contribute to the projects experimentally and scientifically, provide his/her expertise, participate in internal reporting while maintaining a laboratory-focused role. The candidate will have a proven track record of scientific productivity and ability to participate in multidisciplinary and innovative research. The individual will participate in strategic discussions, national and international collaborations and coordinate project activities.
The selected candidate will focus on work leading to the development of novel immunotherapies. The responsibilities include:
- Characterization of ovarian and brain tumors, establishing 3-D cultures and characterization their off.
- The candidate will participate in single-cell sequencing and proteomics characterizations involving bioinformaticist and collaborative laboratories specialised in these techniques.
- The candidate will work together with KCT research team with extensive knowledge in cell biology, immunology and bioinformatics.
- Effectively collaborate within the research center and national/international collaborators.
- Lead the design and implementation experimentation.
- Supervise young scientists and technicians working in the project.
- Generate, analyze and interpret data. Demonstrate a high level of initiative in troubleshooting experiments and accurate data analysis. Objectively interpret data and provide conclusions regarding project results and direction.
- Actively report research results and novelties in the field.
Qualifications: PhD or equivalent experience in immunology, molecular/cell biology, cancer biology or pharmaceutical sciences. Knowledge on high-throughput experimentation and large data analysis is positively evaluated. Strong hands-on technical skills (e.g. primary cell isolation and culture, flow cytometry, live cell imaging, setting up and developing functional assays and analytical methods) and reporting in research. Ability to multitask, manage and develop complex projects. Effective written and spoken English language skills. Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
We offer an inspiring multicultural environment, constructed of our enthusiastic, highly skilled and experienced personnel in gene and cell therapy. Kuopio Center for Gene and Cell Therapy has established working links with the gene and cell therapy manufacturer FinVector, the A.I. Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, the University of Eastern Finland, the National Laboratory Animal Center, and Kuopio University Hospital. These are situated on the same Kuopio health science focused campus, the capability of which to undertake gene and cell therapy research is made complete by the presence of the office of the Finnish Medicines Agency (Fimea). Finland has been ranked as the happiest country in the world and vibrant Kuopio, is rated as Finland’s best city to live in. It offers a safe living environment, friendly atmosphere and clean nature.
The position is 3-year fixed term with option of continuation.
Please send your application before 20th of September 2020.