Senior Scientist / Research Scientist, Instrumentation & Control
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
We are looking for an experienced senior I&C specialist in the AI-aided Systems Engineering team, part of the Data-Driven Solutions research area of VTT.
AI-aided Systems Engineering team´s research topics include:
- industrial process simulation, focusing on applications of dynamic process simulation
- industrial operational research, focusing on decision making support using mathematical optimisation and data analytics
- model-driven engineering and industrial information management, focusing on model-based system engineering
- analysis of critical systems, focusing on safety critical process automation and its formal analysis
With us, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to, building and conducting projects in the area of I&C in close collaboration with customers.
- Creation of new knowledge, methodologies and insight by carrying out high-quality research projects in relevant areas.
We expect you to have:
- Strong knowledge of I&C software and hardware engineering as well as functional safety skills. Experience on formal methods - particularly model checking - would be an advantage.
- Project management skills and experience as well as experience from safety-critical regulated industry (nuclear, chemical, rail traffic...)
- Proven customer interface performance and professionalism key attributes.
- Fluency in both Finnish and English (oral and written).
We expect the successful candidate to work on challenging international customer projects, some willingness to travel required.
What we offer you:
VTT provides an inspiring working environment that pools together world-class research, innovations and top experts. Our mission is to create impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society as well as in industry.
Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing, flexible work opportunities and competence development are key priorities for us. With us, you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time.
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information please contact Emmanuel Oy, Research Team Leader, AI-aided systems engineering, email@example.com, tel: +358401875621 or Antti Pakonen, Senior Scientist, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358401292785.
We hope you are interested in joining us, so please send your CV and application, on 8th of June at the latest.
Apply between 18 May 2020 and 8 June 2020
Employment type: Permanent position