(English is our language of business)
Are you interested in having a real impact on the lives of most Finns? Perhaps you are already interested in more, for instance doing some integration architecture work, looking at how do functionalities inside platforms communicate with other platforms?
This is a new role, so you have the freedom to partly define what or how you’ll do your work. We are looking for multiple salesforce talents actually, and if you’re advanced in your experience, we have room for you as well!
SOK IT & Development
We are a collection of 400 unique and diverse talents in Finland inside the 40,000 person S-Group which is Finland’s largest private employer. We are tasked with providing expert and strategic guidance to all of S-Group, its cooperatives and its owners, who are ultimately, millions of regular Finns. So essentially our shareholders, are you! We are therefore motivated to excel not by increasing profits for a small group of the 1%, rather to help our neighbors, our families, our fellow Finns and ex-pat residents, ourselves.
We are uniquely positioned inside S-Group with billions of rows of data from multiple use cases and business domains, all intimately connected to Finns as they/we go about our daily routines. We build SW products, apps and services highlighted by the regular dialogue between digital and IRL worlds, which genuinely makes our work consistently intriguing. We are design conscious, we believe in community internally and externally, pride ourselves on our open source commitment, our blossoming DevOps culture, and our use of modern tools and democratic development standards for an holistic philosophy to modern and pure software development practices.
You will be designing, configuring and developing the Service Cloud and related services, (CTI, chatbot, Heroku and other customer apps) along with our core Salesforce platform, together with our partners. You will be an integral part of our SF DevOps team and provide ops to all business units and end users. You will take part in the PI planning, providing technical advice to business units that have requirements for the salesforce platform.
1) We have a unique set of data
Just thinking about the (actual) millions of Finns who use our services on a daily basis may make your head explode. Try to avoid this. The following technical clarity may ground you from such a pringling celestial event: our mission at SOK Data Platforms is to provide efficient, coherent and reliable tools for analysis, reporting and customer insight, and enable the success of S Group’s software development projects by offering robust data platforms, warehouses and APIs for utilizing data. See: head explosion crisis averted. It’s true, we have a lot to do, but its not like you need to start everything from scratch. We have already made tremendous progress.
2) We are becoming quite developer friendly
Devs can decide how they wish to work, they can speak up here and ultimately do what they think works best. I’m not saying that the Nuts can take over the Nuthouse, I’m just saying that no one from top management is perched on a mountain top waiting to tell you ‘No’! We prefer our Devs to work the way they feel most comfortable, most supported, trusting them to execute and succeed as they deem wisest.
3) The Opportunity
With huge data we see huge responsibility, which from a growth perspective translates to potential for all of us really, to learn, to grow, to develop ourselves! Not just to develop our services to support and enable Finns to live their best lives, but also to help us develop, too, as the intelligent and hungry-to-evolve humans we are. You’ll understand this better as you get to know us, for now you can rest assured that we express ‘team openness’ to give you the opportunity to learn new tech that other teams work on, in a safe and harboring/nurturing environment. Invest in us, give us your undivided attention and time, and we will give you interesting work and varying opportunities to develop yourself.
-Deep understanding on the Salesforce platform. You know your way around in the setup
- Experience in lightning components, apex, visualforce, flow, etc.
- Database knowledge and SQL
- Basic SF architecture skills
- Knowledge about GIT and CI/CD process as a part of Salesforce development with SFDX
- Skills necessary to define, build and test increments of value in a short timebox (Lean / Agile, DevOps) and documentation
- Ability to work as part of a DevOps team which is responsible for production maintenance (admin work, deployments) tasks alongside development
- Previous experience with Jira/Confluence
Benefits of working at SOK IT & Development:
On top of a competitive salary, superb company benefits and the finest colleagues, this is what we offer in return:
● An opportunity to improve and have influence on the daily lives of millions of people by creating better and automated data solutions
● Ownership. You are not visiting a project, you own the project and the service
● Control. Our ways of working are not set in stone. We continuously improve the ways the products and services are developed. We have functioning structures and processes, so you can focus on what you know best and like the most.
● Reasonable workload. You can choose your daily work rhythm and location
● An opportunity to gain know-how on technical competence of wide-ranging development areas and businesses
● Career and development opportunities of a big company
Are you ready for a new adventure?
Please submit your English CV and cover letter here. One of our recruiters will be in touch with you promptly! Once contact has been made, you will have the opportunity to ask what questions you may have about this job, our people, and what your future could look like at SOK.
Our interview process is comprehensive, and relatively painless. You will meet our hiring manager, your future teammates, and our HR team to give you a realistic picture of what it’s like to work here. As with our working culture, our candidate process exudes a nurturing environment of psychological safety coupled by a qualitative and quantitative analysis of your compatibility, technically and socially. In short: we are good people, looking for more, good people.
We look forward to meeting you!