Senior Researcher, Technology Evaluation
Interested in identifying, evaluating and taking forward new opportunities? Join Neste Innovation unit's journey towards more sustainable future!
We are looking for a
Senior Researcher, Technology Evaluation (Electrochemical Technologies)
to join our Innovation Intelligence department in Porvoo.
Your part in Neste journey
As a Senior Researcher, Technology Evaluation (Electrochemical Technologies), your main focus will be on carrying out and taking responsibility for technical and techno-economic evaluations related to various electrochemistry-related assignments that contribute to the identification, assessment and development of new technology and business opportunities as well as wider decision-making within Neste in our journey to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions.
In your role, you will
- Support Neste Innovation’s technology projects by performing and taking responsibility for technical and techno-economic analyses of new processes related particularly to electrochemical technologies. This includes performing technology and process concept evaluations, various process calculations and economic evaluations and the identification of most interesting opportunities
- Take responsibility for competence development in the field of electrochemical technology
- Lead or support technology development projects
- Scout for technology opportunities both in the area of electrochemistry and in other fields relevant for Neste (utilisation and processing of renewable and recycled feedstocks)
- Perform and support technology due diligence studies
- Take part in process development tasks
- Support market and business case analysis
Innovation Intelligence department carries out high-quality technology evaluation and scouting for new technology and business opportunities and also supports the strategy development and decision-making in corporate level. You will work closely with your colleagues in project teams aiming at technology identification, evaluation and development. You will be in contact with several internal stakeholders and external parties. Your key responsibility and focus will be on electrochemistry but you will work also in other fields. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master’s degree or higher from a relevant field, e.g. engineering or chemistry
- Several years of relevant experience in the field of electrochemical technologies from engineering tasks, related R&D tasks or technology consulting
- Experience in process concept and techno-economic evaluations as well as in technology due diligence work
- Experience from project management
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, including relevant tools (e.g. Excel)
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and report writing skills
- Curiosity towards new ideas and opportunities, willingness to work outside one’s own comfort zone
- Fluent written and spoken command of English
- Team player attitude and adaptability
We also value
- Industry experience from electrolysis, batteries or other electrochemical technologies
- Experience from technology or business development
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Head of Innovation Intelligence, Jesse Kautto, +358 50 458 9787 on 2nd of August during 13 - 14 EET or on 6th of August during 13 - 14 EET.
Please submit your application by August 11th, 2019. Please include your CV and Cover Letter attached to your application.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on weeks 34 and 35.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.