(Senior) Researcher, Product Development
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Senior Researcher/ Researcher to the Paper & Packaging RD, Product Development team, in Lappeenranta, Finland.
UPM Research and Development plays an important role in creating business opportunities in the new forest industry. We create value from renewable and recyclable materials by combining expertise and technologies within fiber based, energy-related and engineered materials businesses. In the new forest industry, we reshape markets through cost leadership, change readiness and leading innovation. We develop smart, sustainable products and solutions for customers worldwide.
What you’ll do
You will create and enhance paper-based flexible packaging solutions together with our production, product development and product management people. You will follow and steer packaging tests with different partners and various technologies. You will coach and share the best practices. Your work includes frequent travelling to UPM & customer sites.
Who you are
- You have an university degree in Science or Engineering (or in a relevant other discipline)
- You have at least 5 years (preferably 10+) of relevant work experience
- You have excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of pack & converting machine technology. Previous practical experience in packaging industry is seen as a benefit
- You have the ability to work both independently and in teams, solve problems effectively and manage your time effectively when completing assignments
- You have the capability to build and utilize global professional network
- You are proactive, customer-oriented, socially skilled and interested in new technology and development
- You write and speak English fluently, other languages are seen as a benefit
This is what we offer for you
We offer you an interesting job in the global Research and Development organization of UPM. You will have great opportunities for learning in your job as you will be supported by multi-competent team members and trained according to your needs. UPM offers you also versatile development opportunities as a leading global company in bio and forest industries.
For further information, please contact Jani Jokiranta, Manager, Product Development & TCS, tel. +358405784220.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter latest 6th of January, 2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking company in Finland.