Senior Research Scientist, Paper and Board Surface Treatment
Kemira is a global company providing solutions, chemicals and expertise to water intensive industries around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future.
We are now looking for an experienced and end-user oriented Senior Research Scientist for Sizing and Performance Team in our Espoo R&D Center. You will work as a Senior Scientist and Project Manager in projects focusing on surface treatment, coating and converting of paper and board. You will be part of the team responsible for new product development for example dispersion barriers and ensuring product performance in customer application, converting and end-use.
What we offer:
- Position as a key member of a multi-functional and dynamic R&D team focusing on paper and packaging
- Opportunity to excel and drive innovation as an expert of paper and board surface treatment and converting
- Possibility to work in a state-of-the-art R&D laboratory of a leading chemical supplier for the paper industry
- Possibility to work in a Global company that is committed to innovation, cares for people and is dedicated to customer success
- Excellent environment for further developing and expanding your strengths and competence to became global expert of paper and board packaging
What you need:
- Academic degree (M.Sc./PhD) in paper, packaging or material technology or chemistry or corresponding area with at least 5 years of experience in research and development of products and/or applications in paper and board packaging
- Courage to drive constant improvement by challenging existing status and identifying new ways of working
- Commitment to safe ways of working and safety in the working environment
- Ability to solve problems, interpret and report results and draw conclusions. You are a team player with excellent collaboration skills, but you are also able to work independently. You are proactive and have desire to create networks
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in English.
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira.
For more information, please contact Annaleena Kokko, Manager, R&D, Sizing and Performance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +358 50 366 3564 on 11 September at 12-15 or on 15 September at12-15.
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectations by 27 September 2020 at kemira.com/careers.
Kemira is a global chemicals company serving customers in water intensive industries. We provide expertise, application know-how and chemicals that improve our customers’ product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas and water treatment. In 2019, Kemira had annual revenue of around EUR 2.7 billion and 5100 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. www.kemira.com.