Senior Research Scientist in Molecular DynamicsRoal Oy
We are looking for a
Senior Research Scientist in Molecular Dynamics
Located in Rajamäki, Finland
ROAL Oy is a highly successful and growing business. As part of our initiative to expand our product range, we are looking for a talented molecular dynamics specialist to join the R & D department, to expand our expertise in protein engineering, and to design competitive industrial enzymes. The primary tasks of this role would be:
- performing molecular dynamics simulations, protein modelling and machine learning for product development projects
- building algorithms to develop and optimize company´s proprietary production platforms as a member of the global Molecular Biology team
- working with cross-functional project teams and key internal stakeholders
- collaborating with external service partners and academia on your expertise areas
- You ideally have a Masters degree as well as either, a higher degree in a relevant field, or 3+ years work experience in a related role. Relevant fields of study would be Biochemistry or Biophysics, but we will also consider candidates with degrees in adjacent sciences (e.g. Bioinformatics or Computational Biology)
- You have experience with protein design and data analyses that involve running advanced molecular simulation tools
- Your familiarity with enzyme technology is considered an asset
- You are a reliable team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You are capable of innovative thinking and proactive problem solving
- You are results focused with proven experience in project work
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential
We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself both personally and professionally. You will find a progressive team-oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. You will join a modern, creative and innovative company that achieves success through its people.
The position is permanent and located in Rajamäki, Finland.
Do we have your attention?
For more information, please contact Global Head of Molecular Biology Terhi Puranen 358 (0) 40 7094046 on November 18th 13:00-14:30.
Please send your CV and application with salary expectations by latest November 30th, 2022