Senior Research Scientist for Process Concepts and Modelling Team in Espoo
Form of employment: Full time, Regular
Locations: Espoo, Finland
Job area: Sustainable energy and chemical technologies
Application period: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - Wednesday, November 27, 2019
We are now looking for an experienced research talent to join our Process concepts and modelling team.
Our team agenda is to develop new process concepts and modelling approaches and tools, and to provide modelling and techno-economic assessment services to support our customers’ operations, mainly in the chemical, energy and process industry. Our modelling capabilities range from CFD and chemistry modelling to simulation and techno-economic assessment. Our work is based on our profound scientific understanding and validated methods, supported by our in-house process and industry experts. We work with the leading companies in Finland and abroad. We have a recognized team with 25 professionals and more than 25 years of experience in process modelling.
With us you will be responsible for
- Ideating new modelling approaches, applications and projects in collaboration with the team
- Preparing projects and funding applications in collaboration with external stakeholders
- Hands-on process modelling and/or simulation tasks
- Developing customer cases and managing projects in collaboration with colleagues
- Communicating with key stakeholders in companies and academia, orally and in writing
We expect you to have
- MSc or doctoral level degree in physics and/or chemistry
- Strong experience of modelling and process technology
- Good understanding of different modelling approaches and tools
- Good English skills for internal and external communication
- Strong R&D or customer orientation and ambitions
As a person you are
You are positive, passionate and committed to your work. You deliver according to the targets. You have an analytical mind-set, and you are a problem solver with scientific curiosity and proactive attitude. You love to learn and develop your expertise. You work well in a group and enjoy collaboration.
The candidate will be hosted in the Process concepts and modelling team in Espoo, in the Helsinki area. The work will be carried out in a dynamic and international set-up closely collaborating with our technology experts and our customers. We offer state-of-the-art tools and a unique opportunity to work in challenging and forward-looking r&d projects in a recognized team. A senior talent will be able to direct his or her tasks within the research agenda according to ambitions and scientific targets. We offer the benefits of a large employer that supports learning and professional and scientific development.
For further information
For further information, please contact Research Team Leader Inka Orko, tel.+358 400 966 884, on Nov 11, between 14.00-16.00, or Nov 18, between13.00-16.00.