Senior Release Engineer
Qvantel Finland Oy
Qvantel is a Telecom industry pioneer with over two decades of experience leading successful cloud-based digital BSS transformations for Communication Service Providers across Europe, Northern Africa, APAC and the Americas.
Qvantel’s Digital-Native CRM software allows CSPs to fully embrace the digital age by providing a Digital-First BSS platform that simplifies processes, cuts operating costs, and unleashes their competitive potential. We help operators set the foundation for customer-centric digital business with data-driven intelligence and flexible monetization models. Our cloud-based BSS solution is powered with Micro-Services, Open APIs, and virtualized infrastructure.
We are playing a vital role in developing communications and helping the world to be more connected. We are one of the fastest growing IT companies in Finland and we are looking for great people to grow with us. We operate in 10 countries around the globe with annual revenue of some 100 Meur and employing some 1000 professionals.
We are strengthening our Product Development Function in Tampere, Finland
Senior Release Engineer
As a Senior Release Engineer you will be working in close co-operation with customer project team as well as with internal DevOps and SW development. You use and develop pipeline tools to automatically fetch latest SW packages, build them and deploy to target environments. You do necessary configuration changes to environments based on customer & project needs and support in automated sanity testing. You improve pipeline automation continually to reduce manual effort in SW logistics and in Release note generation.
The competences you will bring with you:
- 5-10 year experience in release engineering and/or DevOps
- Analytical approach to issues to get into root causes, capability to see the big picture
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery systems
- Desire to learn new domains and understand complex issues, ability to change according to changing business requirements
- Proven track record with Linux, Docker, Jenkins and SW repositories
- Experience with (pipeline) scripting languages
The skills that will help:
- Experience in working with the modern IT, Communications Service Provider and/or Telecommunications landscape
- Knowledge of instance orchestration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- Knowledge of AWS, NGINX, Microservices, Consul, Marathon
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience of Telecom and BSS environments
What We Offer
At Qvantel you get to work with major international accounts as they work towards true digital transformation of their services and to offer value and satisfaction to their customers.
Qvantel is a fast-growing, customer-oriented technology company with dynamic and international culture. At Qvantel, people are encouraged to learn and develop themselves, they are used to working both independently as well as in teams, have a hands-on working style and a can-do attitude.
Please send your application in English with CV and salary request via our application form with no delay.
For more information please contact Jaakko Sippola (email@example.com)
Please don't send CV's/applications to email. Due to GDPR policy we will delete all applications from emails.
Please note that we are expecting valid working permit and residency from the applicants. Qvantel is not providing relocation support or sponsorship for working permits.