We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Senior R&D Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will lead the concept development in demanding product development projects in the Drive Products business unit. We offer you an exciting position with the world's best variable speed drive manufacturer.
• Solving technical challenges by using your own solid competence in AC drive technologies
• Actively seeking new and innovative technical concepts to differentiate our products from competitors and increasing customer value
• Coordinating and planning daily design and testing activities according to the project scope and schedule
• Mentoring and leading younger designers by your own example and experience
• Working in close collaboration
o with project and product managers giving your valuable feedback and ideas to the management
o with various design and competence teams to ensure best possible solutions for technical challenges
o with our key component suppliers and partners
• A versatile position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal and professional development
• The opportunity to ascend your career in a global company
• A few years’ experience in the development of AC drives or corresponding experience
• Good understanding of at least three of the following areas: electronics, mechanics, thermal management, FPGA, embedded software, PWM motor control, design for manufacturing and quality
• Mastery of electromagnetic compatibility and functional safety requirements
• Innovative and open-minded problem-solving approach
• Understanding and skills on lean R&D development
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Deep understanding of modern AC drives technology
• Mastery of different converter topologies, their control and concept level design work
• Knowledge of the materials, manufacturing processes and technologies used in key power electronics components
• Familiarity with modern simulation tools
• Understanding of trends in the power electronics and vision of the future drives technology
• Good written and spoken communication skills in Finnish
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65050789 by October 5, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Design Manager Jukka-Pekka Kittilä, tel. +385 50 332 4742.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com