We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Senior R&D Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will lead the concept development in demanding product development projects in the Drive Products business unit. We offer you an exciting position in maintaining the brand of the world's best variable speed drive manufacturer.
• Coordinating and planning daily design and testing activities according to the project scope and schedule
• Working in close collaboration with project and product managers giving your valuable feedback to the project management
• Solving technical challenges by using your own solid competence in AC drive technologies
• Mentoring and leading younger designers by your own example and experience
• Actively seeking new and innovative technical concepts to differentiate our products from those of competitors and increasing customer value
• Working in close collaboration with our key component suppliers and partners
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• M.Sc. or higher degree in a relevant field
• A few years’ experience in the development of AC drives or corresponding experience
• Architecture and concept level understanding of drives and modern power electronics and electronic devices
• Deep understanding of cutting edge technology and trends in the drives technology
• Good understanding of at least three of the following areas: electronics, mechanics, FPGA design, embedded software, design for manufacturing, quality
• Deep understanding of different converter topologies and concept level design work
• Understanding and skills on lean R&D development
• Innovative and open-minded problem-solving approach
• Tolerance for stress, team-playing skills
• Fluent skills in MS Office tools, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Experience of the compatibility requirements of both the grid and motor side of drives
• Familiarity with modern simulation tools
• Mastery of electromagnetic compatibility, safety, and other converter and system level compatibility requirements
• Know-how on standards related to drives
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65050789 by May 25th, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Design Manager Jukka-Pekka Kittilä, tel. +385 50 332 4742.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com