We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
Would you like to work in a challenging role, with opportunities to execute and lead prestigious projects? Are you a proactive visionary who enjoys building customer relations? We are now looking for an addition to our team to manage and run our largest and most complex projects – a person with commercial project experience, who has a strategic mind and excellent negotiating skills. If you are up for a challenge, then you should become our new Senior Project Manager. You would be located in either our Vaasa or Helsinki office.
You will be part of Process Industries, a business unit in ABB's Industrial Automation division. The unit delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services to clients in the mining, pulp and paper, and metals segments. The business’ added value is deep industry expertise coupled with the ability to integrate both electrical and automation, resulting in faster start-up times, increased plant productivity and reduced overall capex and opex spend for customers. We are about 150 people in Operations in Finland (Helsinki and Vaasa), together with Västerås and Umeå in Sweden. Our projects vary in size from smaller brownfield retrofits and extensions to major international greenfield projects that extend over several years.
• Leading the execution of large and/or complex projects
• Ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety and environmental requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments
• Tactical planning, achieving growth in sales and contracts won
• Participating in procurement of equipment and in engaging contractors, and commercial responsibility when representing ABB in various projects
• Overall coordination in projects with several ABB units involved, with full responsibility for the content, finances and timetable of projects, within the given framework with allocated resources
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• A B.Sc. or equivalent higher technical education
• At least ten years of project management experience, leading large projects in a similar field
• Experience in delivery and contract projects, preferably with some knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering, installation and commissioning
• A customer-focused attitude
• The ability to manage your project team and to communicate within all business levels
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Experience of working with export projects in global markets
• A good understanding of various industries and processes will be seen as a merit
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67624766 by January 25, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Kimmo Keränen, PMO Head of Project Management, tel. +358 50 33 21468.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com