Senior Project Manager, Nuclear Island
Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Senior Project Manager, Nuclear Island
We are strengthening our Nuclear island team and we are hiring a Senior Project Manager. In this responsible role, you will support the Nuclear Island Director in developing the Nuclear Island department plan and strategy, coordinating and leading work for fulfilment of key targets throughout the different phases of the Hanhikivi 1 project. You will work as part of a team in close contact to the suppliers and authorities.
Your tasks will include at least
- Support the NI director on overseeing the various Nuclear Island projects and developing the department’s plan and strategy
- Implement the strategy into clear actions within the department
- Plan and lead team efforts related to key targets in task force mode
- Schedule development and monitoring of Key target
- Support the various Nuclear Island’s project as needed
- Identify and manage project risks and opportunities internally in Fennovoima and externally with suppliers
- Support in management and control of EPC contract in relation to Nuclear Island scope
- Control and follow-up of technical open issues together with evaluation of their impact to the project and project schedule
- Develop project management activities within Nuclear Island
- Communicate internally with Fennovoima stakeholders and externally with suppliers
- Supervise suppliers' activities and coordination of action of internal multidisciplinary organization
- Manage interfaces between site activities, engineering and manufacturing
- Connection and coordination with teams located in Finland (Pyhäjoki, Helsinki) and in Russia
Ideal candidate for this position has
- Extensive Project management knowledge and proven Project management experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience from large scale industrial project preferably in the power generation industry or project delivery business
- Experience from nuclear industry is considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of business practices required for international projects, including working with worldwide class industry stakeholders such as EPC contractor or sub-contractor and national authorities/regulators
- A Master’s degree
- Skills in utilizing Project Management and collaborative softwares (e.g. Primavera, Office 360, MS Teams, various DMS)
- Very good communication skills and team spirit
- Analysis and synthesis skills, wide range of technical understanding / experience
- Practical solution driven skills, ability to look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems.
- Fluent skills in English, Finnish/Russian is an advantage
We appreciate professional and positive team players who want to take responsibility and make the decisions and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your application and CV no later than 16.8.2021 . For further information, please contact Psycon consultant Laura Nissilä tel. +358 (0)20 7101 271 on Thu 1.7. at 10-11 or on Mon 9.8. at 10-11, or Nuclear Island department Director, Vladimir Szabó tel. +358 (0)20 757 8582 on Fri 6.8. at 9-10 or on Fri 13.8. at 9-10. More information about Fennovoima you will find on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
Work location: Helsinki, Finland for 1-2 years, then Pyhäjoki
Click here to learn more about Vladimir Szabo's career story!