We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer at ABB Oy, Grid Automation unit in Vaasa or alternatively Helsinki. In this position, you will be responsible for substation protection and system control.
• Relay protection design and execution
• Commissioning of the relay protection and control system on site, as well as commissioning primary equipment for the substation
• Leading the OPC center designers
• Configuring and testing communication devices
• Substation Automation tendering support, including selecting protection and control IED
• Relay programming using PCM600
• Relay testing using Omicron.
• A challenging and interesting position in an international working environment
• Project oriented work where each day is different
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering
• Several years’ work experience in challenging substation projects as well as work experience in commissioning the substation
• E3 tool competence in SA design
• Capability to see the big picture of the system
• Knowledge of transmission protection relays
• Some experience of teleprotection devices
• A systematic way of working and good long-term planning and stress management skills
• Good communication skills in Finnish and English.
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of ABB protection relays
• Experience of substation projects
• Experience and know-how in IT equipment
• Willingness to travel.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67255027 by January 6, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Jari Laaksoharju +358 50 3343 967.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com