Senior Product ManagerValmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Who we are and what we do?
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally 4.000 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle business line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
For our EVS we are looking for an experienced and organized Senior Product Manager with strong communication skills and very good understanding of the off-highway and Trucks&Bus markets, who likes to take responsibility and works self-dependent.
Here’s where you’ll make an impact:
Your main objective is to develop a holistic understanding of the big picture and the capability to translate it into an ambitious, yet reasonable product strategy to ensure business growth within the emerging markets of electrification. Match market and technology trends as well as customer requests with the best possible approach. Break the strategy down into all necessary action items and be the ambassador of your product strategy within the company, with customers and all other stakeholders.
- Identify, qualify and prioritize sales opportunities and potentially new business areas within your markets, which align with strategy and new business areas
- Responsible for the product strategy definition incl. the product roadmap
- Work and align closely with all other functional units such as sales, program management, engineering, purchasing and operations
- Recognize, network and align with all relevant stakeholders and make sure, your product strategy matches with and enables business line and group targets
- Attend customer meetings and support all sales activities and Sales Managers
- Research, know and understand market structure, drivers, needs and trends, commercially and in regards of technology
- Gather market intelligence and material and translate it into comprehensive easy to understand PPT presentations and sales supporting material
- Steer and support quotation process as well as business case calculations
- Drive continuous improvement of the product portfolio to match market requirements commercially and technologically
- Attend and support trade shows, conferences and other industry networking events
We hope that you would have:
- Sound commercial and technical qualification
- Experienced in product management with a well-founded Off-highway and Truck&Bus market know-how, preferably in the e-mobility environment
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to align customer targets with internal priorities
- Sales experience would be of advantage
- Distinguished communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Hands-on mentality and open-minded, paired with a flexible and solution focused work style to cope with a fast-growing work environment
- Skilled with MS Office, especially with Excel and PPT
- English and Finnish languages requested, both fluent in speaking and writing
- German language optional
- Located in Salo, or Turku area, Finland
- Limited travelling within Finland and Europe
Our special extras:
- An employer committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business practices
- Friendly colleagues ready to support you
- Performance-related annual bonuses
- Possibility of remote and flexible working
- Ergonomic and modern workstations
- Versatile e-learning opportunities (e.g. LinkedIn Learning and Rosetta Stone language courses)
- Free use of the gym at the Salo IoT Campus
- Electronical employee benefit ePassi, which can be used for sports, cultural and wellness services
Simply upload your application documents via our application tool by 19.02.2023. If you’ve got the basic skills we need, there's nothing standing in the way of a first interview, in which we'll be happy to clarify all your questions!
If you have any questions before you apply, Markus Bungardt, Director Product Management, will be happy to hear from you on +49 151 6167 6351.