Senior Process Metallurgist
We are looking for a Senior Process Metallurgist in the Base Metals Technology Group.
Your main responsibility is to work closely with our technology group supporting engineering-, delivery- and sales functions. You will be using our existing base metals technology portfolio and to creating new leading technologies in the area of base metals, nickel-copper-zinc hydrometallurgy.
The job will be permanent, and the location would be in Espoo, Finland.
As Senior Process Metallurgist, you will:
• Be part of base metals hydrometallurgy Technology Group in the BL Hydrometallurgy
• Participate in Nickel-Copper-Zinc hydrometallurgy related technology development, R&D work and R&D coordination
• Participate in project engineering- and delivery work as Senior Process Metallurgist leading the Process Discipline
• Prepare process engineering documents
• Make HSC Sim process calculations and modeling
• Provide sales and marketing support in the area of base metals Nickel-Copper-Zinc hydrometallurgical technologies
• Prepare CAPEX & OPEX calculations
To succeed, you will need:
• Master's degree in metallurgy, chemical engineering, or process engineering
• Minimum 3-5 years of industrial operational experience from hydrometallurgical plant. Especially experience from zinc refinery, nickel refinery, copper electrorefinery or solvent extraction operations is considered to be a benefit
• Be familiar in modeling with HSC SIM and preparing process models
• Interest and ability to learn large, complex concepts
• Good and proactive team working skills in an internationally operating matrix organization
• Ability to travel as required
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies, we offer a stronger platform for growth and innovation. We have an environment that combines result-driven and respectful culture in an exceptional way. Of course we offer you all the benefits and opportunities of a big, global company. Sounds tempting place to work, right?
For more information about the position please contact the hiring manager Kaarlo Haavanlammi, Director, Base Metals Process Technology, +358503843603.
Kaarlo will be available for calls on on September between 16-17 o’clock Finnish time
Please leave your application with your salary expectation via Metso Outotec Careers page by 27th of September 2021.