(Senior) Manager, Pulp Strategy
We are looking for a (Senior) Manager, Pulp Strategy to join us in UPM Biorefining Business Area. The position will be located in Helsinki, Finland.
UPM Biorefining Business Area leverages the synergies of its Pulp, Timber and Biofuels businesses. Focusing on growth, we create value and new business opportunities from wood and biomass originating solely from sustainable sources. Our modern production sites in Finland cover three pulp mills, four sawmills and a biorefinery producing wood-based renewable diesel, as well as wood sourcing and forestry operations. In Uruguay we run a pulp mill and plantation operations.
Greetings from your future Manager
“UPM Biorefining is at the heart of our growth strategy with the pulp mill investment project in Uruguay. We are now looking for an energetic and highly skilled strategy professional to develop and implement our commercial strategies. This position will provide you an exciting visibility to the entire fiber value chain. Every day will be different - your tasks will range from strategic to hands-on tasks. Looking forward to a having you join our team!” - Bernd Eikens, EVP, UPM Biorefining
What you’ll do
As a member of the Biorefining strategy team, your role is to:
- Develop and formulate the Pulp strategy
- Support and facilitate strategy development for Pulp sales and Pulp operations
- Lead and drive specific business development projects
- Participate in corporate strategic initiatives
Who you are
- You have a Master's degree in economics, engineering or equivalent
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- You have sound strategic approach supported with analytical skills, including
- qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- ability to bring analysis to clear and concise conclusions
- ability to see from range of perspectives the relevant ones
- ability to create strategic frameworks and story
- Previous experience from pulp, paper or biomass industry is considered as a strong asset
- You have proven track record and results from strategy work
- You have strong interpersonal, facilitation, team work and communication skills
- You have excellent English skills, oral and written. Other languages are considered as an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Send your application via the link latest by 24th of February, 2020. Please attach your CV and cover letter to your application.
For more information please contact Wilhelm Wolff, VP, Strategy and Business Development, tel. +358407168328 either 13.02. at 09-11am EET or 14.02. at 09-11am EET.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.